Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Approaching the Red Cow Roundaout from the Naas N7 road

Options
  • 24-06-2007 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Hi ye, if anyone is still up this late perhaps you could help me. Im trying to direct someone coming from the Naas N7 road to the M50. When they follow the N7 they arrive to the Red Cow Roundabout (yeah?) and then to get onto the M50 they take the 1st exit (yeah?) Is this 1st exit a slip road straight onto the M50 or is this 1st exit just onto another road that eventually brings you onto the M50?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey, just tell them once they get to the last set of lights before the roundabout (they should be able to see a Ford dealer called Lillies O'Donnell on their left), get into and stay in the extreme left hand lane, unless they are going Southbound, they will need to get in the lane 2nd from the right (the one on the far right goes to the Luas Park and Ride).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

And tell them to keep an eye out for the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,351 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tell them to keep to the very left. That will bring them straight on to the M50 northbound (next exit for Lucan (Galway) or Palmerstown (City Centre)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Ok, they`ll be heading for the M1 once on the M50! It should be quiet enough on a Sunday, yeah?
    Thanks.

Yep, should be quiet enough tomorrow. So take the left, go through the toll bridge and then keep going till you see signs for the M1. Where is their destination?

Maybe this could help:

http://www.ireland.ie/where-to-go/RoutePlanner.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote:
    Tell them to keep to the very left. That will bring them straight on to the M50 northbound (next exit for Lucan (Galway) or Palmerstown (City Centre)
    Given the way I have seen traffic approaching the M50 recently then the left and centre lanes are for the M50 North with the option of sneaking in from the rightmost lane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Hi - I would appreciate if anyone can help - coming from Lucan today, not a journey I do too often, and I couldn't for the life of me find the exit back onto the Southbound M50 - went around and around and in the end I took the city centre option - the temp. road signage doesn't seem to make any sense.......

It's the third exit, but if I remember correctly, you have to go off into a separate lane from the rest of the roundabout and you have to stay in the left lane of I think 2/3 lanes of that and then just go straight down the sliproad. I might be getting my exits confused here though:o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As you enter the roundabout you will be in the rightmost lane. Your exit will be at the two-o-clock position and this is the first exit after the main Naas rd inbound exit (straight ahead). As you go down the slip road you will cross the luas tracks.

Advertisement