Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you swap your name for your handle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wouldn't mind too much, it's not the sort of nickname that would sound totally ridiculous if someone shouted to me in the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

zaph wrote:
    Wouldn't mind too much, it's not the sort of nickname that would sound totally ridiculous if someone shouted to me in the street.

Zaph is an insult where I'm from. Normally spelled Sap, but would be pronounced the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Yes why not, it would be pretty cool really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Boston wrote:
    Zaph is an insult where I'm from. Normally spelled Sap, but would be pronounced the same.

lol :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Yeah, I think The Queen would work quite well really! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

MooseJam wrote:
    So would you swap your boring name paul...
    Paul isn't so bad of a name ;_;

People with more regular usernames would be better equipped to adopt their handle as a real name... but still i wouldn't change. Boards.ie meet-ups have enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

This prophet wouldn't change his name for love nor money. Think I may be the only Jeremiah on boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<-- hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

But, but I am Hagar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This wasn't the origin of my handle ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0_Z2r00iI

... but after subsequently watching it and hearing it spoken aloud with such gusto, disguist and general hilarity I would DEFINETLY like to have it as a name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Although I regret choosing the handle I've got I really wouldn't mind people calling me Jesus. I would probably be egged by bible bashing Jesus freaks for blasphemy though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'd do it cos it wouldnt make any difference, it'd be shortened to Jim anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

would be kind of useless i mean Oman Owen whats the difference. not much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Thaedydal wrote:
    Yes.
    No.

not a chance:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Boston wrote:
    I still call you preachypants ;)

<3

You'll always be "youknowthatargumentativefúckerboston" to me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I like my name but it would make things a lot more hilarious if I had my boards name especially my days working in tesco. "staff call, almighty cushion spillage aisle 3" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

My Name is Steve....friends call me Steveo so its not a problem for me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'd swap Robert D for Robert Ninja any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

My bitrh name was uncommon, until I went to a Gaelscoil and there were two other Cliodhna/Cliona's in my class! If I dropped the bit that turns litmus blue I'd like it, acid violet is a bit of a mouthful........but I like it still!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

There's not a hope in hell I'd change my name for my handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

No, everyone would spell my name wrong.

Actually everyone spells my surname wrong as it is, so much of a muchness tbh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah I would, but I'd have to buy a long flowing cape first for dramatic effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

joe robot wrote:
    yeah I think it'd work. :)

contrary to popular belief my name isn't actually Joe. :D

Off Topic: Neither is mine.

Back on topic: no

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boston wrote:

Just as well Zaph rhymes with "safe" then, isn't it? ;)

It's shortened from Zaphod Beeblebrox (Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, for those unfamiliar with the name), and I definitely wouldn't change it to that as it's too much of a mouthful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I could live with using my boards name, but people would probably be surprised to find out that it doesn't relate to my mental alacrity ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I could live with using my boards name, but people would probably be surprised to find out that it doesn't relate to my mental alacrity ! ;)
    Yeah, we'd have to call you Very Slow Motion instead.;)

As for Jimoslimos, nah, I'd get fed up of skangers requesting stretch pink Hummers for hen parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Yeah, we'd have to call you Very Slow Motion instead.;)

As for Jimoslimos, nah, I'd get fed up of skangers requesting stretch pink Hummers for hen parties.

"I may not be very bright, but I can lift heavy objects !":o

Advertisement