Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coffee is horrible

Options
  • 24-06-2007 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

isnt it though, it's a really nasty drink, maybe taken with 5 sugars its passable but then you're just drinking sugar, so why do you all drink it, is it just the caffeine buzz

Comments

MooseJam wrote:
    isnt it though, it's a really nasty drink, maybe taken with 5 sugars its passable but then you're just drinking sugar, so why do you all drink it, is it just the caffeine buzz

I agree with the Moose. I've never been able to enjoy a coffee drink whenever I've tried it, and the only way I can stomach it would be with lots of coffee.

I do love my tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you mean lots of sugar? :p

anyway, ehm... things like espresso, cappucino, etc.. i love - np.

coffee.. depending on strength etc, i normally take it with 2-4sugars.. but yeah you're right.. it can just be like drinking sweetness..

you mean lots of sugar? :p

Hah! That's an odd mistake. Yes, with lots of sugar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭kahlua

Blasphemy!! I can't function without coffee... its in my genes. I'm from good coffee loving stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

kahlua wrote:
    its in my genes
    ... I don't think that's a coffee stain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭kahlua

jeans...genes... oh i get it. Ha.

The Bollox wrote:
    ... I don't think that's a coffee stain
    yeah.. the fact its white is a bit of a tell! :p wonder will it cum out though...

*fetches coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I agree with the OP. I've never understood the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

MooseJam wrote:

No, no, no.

I'm not much of a coffee fan, maybe 1 or 2 cups a day (i always start my day with tea, remeber that anyone?) but i suggest you are drinking dodgy coffee!

tbh.. if you want a real buzz...

www.vroomfoods.com - some of the stuff is redicilous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Coffee is an acquired taste, but I'm amazed anyone actually acquires it given the exposure to instant coffee (which I NEVER drink).

Anyway - my advice, start with something like a carmel latté. It will be sufficiently sweet and milky for you to enjoy, but you'll start to get the taste for coffee and soon you will be knocking back espressos like no ones business.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

MooseJam wrote:

No, it's not the buzz for me. I love the smell and the taste of a freshly brewed coffee/espresso; black with no milk or sugar.

Horse's for course's I suppose.

Advertisement