Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with neighbour's dog

Options
  • 24-06-2007 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I recently moved into a new house and things seemed to be going well. Early last week while I was walking home a big dog (probably a labrador) from across the road barked at me and gave chase. I wrote it off as a once off incident.

The same thing happened late Friday night, but the dog was more agressive. I have not gone anywhere near the property of the neighbours. I am simply looking to enter and exit my home without the fear of being attacked, as I am quite shaken from these incidents. My landlord has advised me to contact the gardai or the warden, but I don't want to cause that much of a fuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

are you in a position to approach the neighbour & talk to them about it? if you don't want to do that I would contact the warden - the dog should be under the owners control at all times - what if this happens to a child / elderly person? why should you feel that you may be attacked - a call from the warden may give your neighbours the wake up call they need.

The other side of it being, if I have understood your post correctly, the dog may if chasing someone on the other side of the road, cause a traffic accident, putting itself and others in danger

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I would definitely see about approaching the people and explaining how dangerous that situation could be! It shouldn't be let loose like that to chase anyone. If you feel you cant approach them then call the warden. it will hit in eventually when they have to fork out the money to release it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

The dog was worse the second time because he got what he wanted the first time:You to go away. If you're willing, stand you ground till he approaches you in a non aggressive way.
    Other than that do call the warden, you have to give your details but can request that they not be given to the neighbour

Advertisement