Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus Posters

Options
  • 24-06-2007 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Have people noticed those "Jesus, I trust in you" posters all over the county. Pretty offensive if you ask me - think I might put up some "Allah is great" posters beside them. Fair enough if people want to be religous but they don't need to shove it down other people's throats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

There is one on the new N6 between Rochfortbridge and Kinnegad interchanges.
    Instead of Allah though.. how about a simpsons picture of Jesus and a line like "I believe in you Jebus :D"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I've seen them, but I wonder was planning permission sought to erect them.

TBH, I think they will cause an accident some day with drivers looking at them out of mere couriosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

finlma wrote:
    Have people noticed those "Jesus, I trust in you" posters all over the county. Pretty offensive if you ask me - think I might put up some "Allah is great" posters beside them. Fair enough if people want to be religous but they don't need to shove it down other people's throats.

Why offensive ? It's just another advert...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I find them offensive because i knew someone once who believed in Jesus and then he died so i mean, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Why offensive ? It's just another advert...

I don't like religion shoved into my face. If there were pictures of Allah or Buddah up I bet people would be offened also.

Like someone said they probably don't have planning permission but because its the church they'll be left off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i might as well take a mug shot of my self and put in the caption below 'I am your kind of God'..

everyone else seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.. so i might as well join in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

jesus_gun.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

How could somebody hate Buddah?, he's so round and jolly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

OP - if there were "Trust in Allah" posters up and someone had a whinge about them , you would be shouting them down for it . Wake up - it's a free society . People can do this whether you like it or not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

i might as well take a mug shot of my self and put in the caption below 'I am your kind of God'..

everyone else seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.. so i might as well join in :D

Yeah, go for it. I'll just not worship you like I do all the other gods... Expect for Richard Dean Anderson.

macgyver.jpg

RDA be praised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

jaffa_tealc.jpg

Indeed O'Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

5times wrote:
    OP - if there were "Trust in Allah" posters up and someone had a whinge about them , you would be shouting them down for it . Wake up - it's a free society . People can do this whether you like it or not .

Thanks for analysing me there. I don't want to see any form of religous posters anywhere. I don't care what it is - people can keep their fairytale beliefs to themselves.

People can't do it if they're doing it on private property cause its against the law. But in the country we live in, of course we better not offend the Catholic Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

A shop near me sells Buddha statues that you leave in the garden and they act as lamps
    Genius,I guess there'd be uproar if there was a Jewish shop doing the same thing with Jesus being used so sacreligiously.

There's all kinds of problems in the states with people demanding special rights for Christians while opposing any kind of tolerance to other religions.

Advertisement