Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RSA : Application for Temporary ADI Permit

Options
  • 24-06-2007 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

For any of the Driving Instructors on this board : Ive filled in the form and have to have it returned by July 1 in order to get the temporary ADI permit. However it asks for my Tax Clearance certificate.. what is this and how do I get it? Ive only been doing the driving instructing for a couple months and thought I just have to file my tax return at the end of the year. Is this not true or how do I go about being tax compliant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Just a quick question what is an adi permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Macca206 wrote:
    However it asks for my Tax Clearance certificate..

You can get it from a the TAX office... (income tax, not motor tax)....its basically just a document that says all your taxes/forms are up to date and paid in full.... last years forms are not due for till October/November so they won't be an issue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

jhegarty wrote:
    You can get it from a the TAX office... (income tax, not motor tax)....its basically just a document that says all your taxes/forms are up to date and paid in full.... last years forms are not due for till October/November so they won't be an issue...

Great.. so as I havent had to pay tax yet it wont be necessary?

(ADI is the permit to give driving lessons for money. Anyone who gives lessons after July 1 has to be on the ADI register)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Macca206 wrote:
    Great.. so as I havent had to pay tax yet it wont be necessary?

Well I presume you still need to show you are tax complaint by getting a cert... won't be a problem if you are up to date....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

jhegarty wrote:
    Well I presume you still need to show you are tax complaint by getting a cert... won't be a problem if you are up to date....

Thanks for your help... I htink Im all set now ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement