Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another TNA name gone!

• 24-06-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Slight ROH ppv spoiler so just incase
    Austin Aries has left TNA, and is back in ROH
    WOOOOO
    Not suprising thou, makes ya wonder if anyone else will do the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

unless low ki comes back to roh i tink aries is the only who will leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

This is good news for his career.
    I think the guy has bucket loads of potential but he was used terribly in TNA.Hopefully we will see some more great matches from him in ROH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The Austin Starr gimmick was never going to get over in TNA so I'm glad this has happened. Hopefully now the stable warfare in ROH can get started properly. Come on the Resilience!

Afterward, Austin Aries (sporting much longer hair) hits the ring, and chases the NRC out. He grabs a mic, claims he has a piece of paper that guarantees his wrestling freedom, and reiterates Prazak's speech about the best wrestling today, which much more vocal energy. Then he asks for a pen. About 25 pens get thrown into the ring like streamers, Aries signs, shakes Cary Silkin's hand, and exits to the biggest pop I've heard in an ROH ring. Austin Aries and ROH chants. Fantastic way to open the PPV.

Just got that from the Observer site. This sounds like the best thing ever, an amazing way to open the PPV taping. I can't wait to see this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There was talk earlier in the week of Homicide leaving because of Konnan, although I think that's a bit unlikely. It's been over two months since Aries got suspended anyway I thought, I was beginning to miss him. Good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the Austin Starr gimmick a hell of a lot more than the Black Machismo gimmick.

Going from TNA to ROH doesn't seem like a good career move to me. He should have put feelers out to WWE instead.

Aries is far too small to make it in WWE, I met him last August, I'm maybe 6'1 and I was a good 5 inches taller than him.
    The Austin Starr gimmick was great it just wasn't getting over in TNA.
    I agree that it could be a bad move for his career but he wasn't going anywhere in TNA and with ROH always on the rise so it might work out well for him. At least he can wrestle how he wants to rather than being watered down for TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Going from TNA to ROH doesn't seem like a good career move to me. He should have put feelers out to WWE instead.

Depends, how you look at it really. Would going to the WWE and being stuck in a nothing role like Jamie Noble be a good move for him wrestling wise? Hardly. Some of the 'heat' wrestlers in WWE are reported to be on no more that $30000pa, so financially it probably wouldnt make much sense either.

At least now that he is gone from TNA, he can work the indies again, as the ROH 'exclusive' contracts merely prevents talent from working for the big 2. So from both financially and a wrestling point of view, this is probably the best move for Aries.

Advertisement