Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best private pension plan for sole trader

Options
  • 24-06-2007 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I'm shopping around for the best pension plan. I run my own business (sole trader) and want to start benefiting from the reductions in income tax as soon as possible.

I haven't found any sites through Google, so I hope someone can help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Hi Lola

Your best bet would be to meet an Independent Adviser, they will go through your options with you, because where pensions are concerned there are lots of options available to you.

Also you could check out the main Life Co's websites for info, such as Irish Life, Eagle Star, Friends First, Hibernian, Canada Life, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lola_run

sofireland wrote:
    Hi Lola

Your best bet would be to meet an Independent Adviser, they will go through your options with you, because where pensions are concerned there are lots of options available to you.

Also you could check out the main Life Co's websites for info, such as Irish Life, Eagle Star, Friends First, Hibernian, Canada Life, etc.

Ok, thanks. Where can I contact an independent advisor?

Both www.piba.ie and www.irishbroker.ie have lists of members in your local area.

It is hard to define what the 'best pension' is but, the one with the lowest charges is a great starting point.

The most cost effective way of finding the right pension is, do your research, have lots of questions when you visit the advisor and then take the answers away and digest what has been discussed.

If you have a good understanding of what you want, then you should be able to buy the product on-line from a discount broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

what gerard said.

most life companies list brokers in your area too.

Don't get blinded by fund performance history, as past performance doesn't guarantee good future performance.

Advertisement