Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a problematic mobile repaired?

• 24-06-2007 11:47am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My nokia 6234 is giving me problems, dropping calls and switching off all the time. A mate told me about the Mobile Phone Repair Company where aparantly if your phone is under warrenty they will repair it for free.

However I'm not sure if my phone is under warrenty. I got it from Vodafnone but have now moved to O2.
    How can I find out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Zascar wrote:
    My nokia 6234 is giving me problems, dropping calls and switching off all the time. A mate told me about the Mobile Phone Repair Company where aparantly if your phone is under warrenty they will repair it for free.

However I'm not sure if my phone is under warrenty. I got it from Vodafnone but have now moved to O2.
    How can I find out?

If it's under a year old, then basically it's under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Where abouts do you live? If you're in Dublin just pop into the MPRC, they'll tell you in less than a minute if you're under warranty or not. They're just opposite the sandyford luas stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could also pop back into Vodafone and ask them to look up the reciept. Be careful though if they send it away, if the repair centre swap out the phone it may be locked to Vodafone and you'll need to get the code etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Pythia wrote:
    If it's under a year old, then basically it's under warranty.

I recently had an issue with a 15 month old phone. The CPW guy told me it was out of warranty to hump off. I persisted and he eventually accepted the warranty is actually 2 years. So I got a full repair free of charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Seems to me like a sales assistant who just didn't have a clue - unless CPW only cover the phone for 1 year before you're on your own to deal with a Nokia service centre?

• Advertisement
Advertisement