Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to switch on the immersion???

• 24-06-2007 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm in my new house on my own and really need a shower before work, we had a power shower in the old house so i din't know how to use our immersion!!! It is the same as the one in the photo. Which button do i press? The shower is in the bath.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

As it is in the picture is what you need to heat enough for a shower or bath. If you switch the right button you will heat less water ie: enough for dishes etc. If you swith the left button you turn of the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Women :rolleyes:

Sink turns on the small heater and bath turns on the big heater. It just depends how much hot water you want.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Others have answered the question so here's a tip

Obviously, you don't select bath if you only don't need all the hot water and NEVER leave the immersion on and then leave the house for a few hours. Your housemates will lynch you for this, especially if they are poor students. That's if you have housemates though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

press the buttons the same way as the photo.

wimmin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Hey I'm a woman and it makes perfect sense to me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Thanks guys, i am now 1 step closer to becoming a domestic goddess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No doubt will this inspire more domestic threads.
    Washing up - rinsing vs drying etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Depending on how you live you might be better off getting rid of the tank and installing what's called an on-demand heater. These are computer controlled and the modern ones have no issues with temperature instability.

Bath doesn't make it any hotter than sink, it just heats more - you have two heaters for the price of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I don't mind washing but don't like drying!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Hah. Doing the washing is for suckers. Drying's the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Always use the sink setting - bath uses much more energy and you'll not need all the water.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Use bath unless you're a weirdo who takes about 20 seconds in the shower (and comes out as dirty as they went in).

Also, you'll also have to set a timer, usually for it to come on for between 6 and 8 and usually a boost between 4 and 5 in the afternoon (adapted to when you use it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

biko wrote:
    I've been meaning to ask how to use a light switch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hey get back to that kitchen biatch

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Karoma wrote:
    I have difficulties with American doorknobs. Why can't they use door handles like the civilised world goddammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Karoma wrote:

Don't get me started on light switches. I was staying in a hotel in London. Spent absolutely forever looking for the light. Finally decided after much confusion that there was none.

After several trips taking a p1ss in the dark, it turns out it was one of those dangling chord things.

Or other countries that have stupidly confusing mechanisms for flushing the toilet. They get me every time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

biko wrote:

The dishwasher does both :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Power shower and dishwasher FTW. It is 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I've been meaning to ask this question for quite a while. How do you get water out of the tap? I keep clapping my hands whilst saying WATER but nothing happens.

Edit/ Also, how do you flush the toilet? The smell is beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

micmclo wrote:
    NEVER leave the immersion on and then leave the house for a few hours

<des bishop> Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya left the immersion on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </ > :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

My brother once phoned home looking for instructions on how to boil water. I kid you not.

Advertisement