Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 People Caught Cheating

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Patricide wrote:
    o no you dont understand, you see he saw me, i was saying sorry coughing ect. He just wasnt getting up untill he could do a few students at once, the ASSHOLE.
    Complain. That sort of behaviour is out of order. You never know, they might make concessions in correcting your paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I somehow doubt this:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

We had quite a strict supervisor. Wrote all over your paper if you went to the toilet. Wouldve hated to see a big notice to the corrector telling them i was on the toilet in the middle of an english essay for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Does that mean 300 extra college places? Or can cheaters still get in if they're caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Rozabeez wrote:
    Does that mean 300 extra college places? Or can cheaters still get in if they're caught?

If you're caught your LC is cancelled and your banned from sitting state examinations for either 4 or 7 years, can't quite remember which...

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote:

Well, technically it might but who is to say that the 300 were planning on going to college?

I'm actually surprised there haven't been any Spartan jokes on this thread yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Myth wrote:

I'm actually surprised there haven't been any Spartan jokes on this thread yet.

Well that's gonna have to be addressed isn't it ...

Feel kinda sorry for them really. Must have been pretty desperate to have to cheat enough to get caught, now they don't have a LC ane can't sit any state exams for X amount of years, that includes driving test iirc. Everyone's probably going to jump on this with their, "Well they brought it on themselves!!!!11oneone", but tbh so what if they did?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'but tbh so what if they did?'

Then don't feel sorry for them.

I'm talking **** tbh. I haven't actually read most of the replies, just assuming people are caring too much about the whole cheating thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

In fairness what is the point in cheating. If your not good enough to get the points you need without cheating chances are your probably not going to be able for whatever course you end up doing.

Raido thats not always true. CAO is based on popularity not difficulty of courses. And since the LC covers such a wide spectrum of subjects, a person might have (should have) a great knowledge of subjects relating to their college course choice but not so much in their other LC subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

In the star sunday today that 300 students have been caught cheating in the last 4 years , Interesting fact but oviously its higher but these are the reistered ones , TUT TUT
    I just got a sandwich air tight bag, put formula's etc into it and then into the toilet thing that water comes out of when you flush it, then asked to go for a sh!t, took them out and looked.
    Results: Awaiting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

it's a cistern...
    cheating with style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I'm absolutely appalled at this tbh. If someone doesn't do the work tough ****! I'd gladly rat someone up for cheating, it's not fair that some people repeat and spend money on repeating the LC to get the course they want when other assholes get whatever course they're looking for by cheating. And I can't believe this about the examiners! How more unfair can you be? Seriously, the examiners, schools even, should be reported. Considering how stressful the LC is and how hard some people work it's completely unfair that others get this hideous advantage over them!

OMG a snitch ! Get it! ;) Yes it is unfair but if that person was barred from exams because of you there would be trouble ahead probably

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd gladly rat someone up for cheating, it's not fair that some people repeat and spend money on repeating the LC to get the course they want when other assholes get whatever course they're looking for by cheating.
    Why just mind your own business and just get on with YOUR own exam, I would like everyone to do well including cheaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

im using the excuse that cheaters who got 600 points took my college place, it wasnt because i made a half assed attempt at my leaving cert i swear!!!

may start informing the parentals now of these college-place-stealing cheaters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

The marking scheme works like this; x percentage has to get an A1, y percentage has to get an A2 and so on and so forth. Everything depends on how well others did. So someone cheating will result in others scoring less. Fair?

Now consider the poor ould sods who work their ass off throughout fifth and sixth year. They find themselves sacrificing a large chunk of their social lives and getting very stressed because of the LC. And because 6,000 people cheat (if 300 would be about 5% than the total cheaters should be that), having put effort into cheating instead of learning for the exam, if they score better they will put other people who have worked hard and done their exams honestly down the ladder. Fair?

Genericgoon; It's not as simple as 'I want everyone to do well in the LC' because by succeeding you have to put others down! Dirty tricks should not be so easily tolerated. And don't worry, I'll get on with my own exam anyway and work extra hard to get ahead of those cheating bastards :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Even if the Cheaters get ahead, the College system will soon weed some of them out:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement