Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i delete saved user names?

• 24-06-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

How do I go about deleting saved user names from login windows like on this site ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If I understand what you want, you need to clear your browser cache and cookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

User accounts? If you right-click on My Computer and go to Manage, you'll see a window on the left with a section called User and Groups. If you click on User, you'll see all the Users on the local machine in the right Window. Right click on the ones you don't want and select Delete. Don't delete the built-in accounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Right click on the task bar select properties-->Start menu (tab)-->Customize-->Advanced (tab)-->Clear List. OK then Apply. It will clear what you need along with recent documents list, typed in website addresses and saved login passwords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭koloughlin

It seems to me that the question was related to usernames and passwords stored in the browser. Each browser has a slightly different method to do this (and google is your friend to find those methods), but for IE 6 at least go to Tools > Internet Options..., click on the Content tab, click AutoComplete, click Clear Passwords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Thanks for all your suggestions. The clearing cache & autocomplete, etc works for login boxes like those on boards.ie but it doesn't seem to have any affect on this particular login window.

Are there any hidden files that may store the list of login user names?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

muffinhead wrote:
    Are there any hidden files that may store the list of login user names?
    Empty your %temp% folder
    delete cookies
    empty \windows\temp too

there are probably other ones too..
    I'm not sure about certs and authenticated sessions or what effects yahoo and google addons would have either

If security is a prime concern then consider something like portable firefox running from a restricted folder or USB key http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Teamhair wrote:
    User accounts? If you right-click on My Computer and go to Manage, you'll see a window on the left with a section called User and Groups. If you click on User, you'll see all the Users on the local machine in the right Window. Right click on the ones you don't want and select Delete. Don't delete the built-in accounts!

I've finally deleted the bast*rd user names! You were closest Teamhair - all I needed to do was go to the Advanced section of User Accounts, click Manage Passwords and they were all listed there :rolleyes: !

Anyway, problem solved - thanks guys and gals for your help :) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

I couldn't open the link you gave (Security Certificate problem) but on hotmail etc I just hover the cursor over them (so they're highlighted) and press "Delete".

Advertisement