Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone here attend Speed dating?

Options
  • 24-06-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Considering attending the next event in Aubars as advertised below!...anyone been there or any speed dating event before?
    Regards
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

nah.

"Bah, humbug!"
    IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was at the last one in aubars organised by the same people and it was well organised and a good bunch of people there. Unfortunately I didn't get any dates out of it, but it was definitely worth going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Thanks Chuckles...I'm really struggling to meet people of any form recently...a lot of friends have moved on..and while most friendships remain in tact..I don't see most of them often.... It's only by getting out there that I give myself a chance...would like to meet someone maybe a little alternative..what were the girls like in general? An average microcosm of the city?
    Best wishes
    A

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

whatever happened you just chatting to someone and asking them out?

Ideally that would be great..but it's not that easy to meet 15 or 20 or even 2 or 3 single people...maybe some people can chat in Smyth's or Clohessy's..but I find it very hard...especially at weekends...at least here chat is guaranteed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i didnt mean just in bars but generally,ive never actually picked up a girl in a bar i find theres too much pressure,its easier outside of that whole nightclub environment

Understood. I simply find it very difficult to meet single people. Even in a large workplace once you enter your mid 20's there isn't that many single people...and of those who are single. how many are potential girl/boyfriends? Newer methods I think have created quite a few couples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

What's the worst that could happen? Chances are you'll have a laugh.

Agreed..and it will be another story for the...well....unlikely..but possible..grandchildren!..I fully intend to go!

well I am a girl, so was more interested in the guys ;) I went on my own, but the other girls I met seemed lovely and friendly. Definitely worth going. And I think we all have the same problem meeting people - you're not on your own there. Have you tried the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I officially hate aubars. Was out there on Saturday night and was being friendly so started chatting to a guy at the bar when I was queuing for drinks.He just turned around and said 'Tbh I don't like the look of your face so I cant see this conversation lasting'.
    Actually any time I go out in Limerick but in particularly aubars I get a derogatory COMMENT about the way I look.
    Speed dating in aubars would just be my worst nightmare!

Panda, Aubars would probably be the last bar I would go to when I'm out in Limerick, but for speed dating, the only people there are those who want to be at the speed dating event, so it's not the regular Aubars people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ipanema

Ipanema here, the event organisor, very biased of course :D

Amazo is right - what's the worst that could happen!? I'm pretty sure you'll have a good time. There's usually a good variety of people from all around the place, Limerick, Munster, Ireland, and a few from abroad too. In my experience I've found everyone to be friendly and open and there's a nice buzz about the place.

I've organised lots of these nights, and we always give everyone a small feedback form, so that we know if people liked it and what they thought was good or not so good. From all my events, I've only ever had 2 people (out of hundreds) say they didn't enjoy it (and the feedback is anonymous so you can say what you like :eek: ).

It's really easygoing, it's a good laugh, and makes for a good change from the usual night out, (and you get to meet single people of course). Filan, if you come along and if you don't enjoy it, we'll give you your money back, no problem. :) We can't do much better than that! If anyone has any questions, you can message me or just post it here.

Didn't mean to butt in on the thread, but thought that info might be useful. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ipanema wrote:
    Ipanema here, the event organisor, very biased of course :D

Amazo is right - what's the worst that could happen!? I'm pretty sure you'll have a good time. There's usually a good variety of people from all around the place, Limerick, Munster, Ireland, and a few from abroad too. In my experience I've found everyone to be friendly and open and there's a nice buzz about the place.

I've organised lots of these nights, and we always give everyone a small feedback form, so that we know if people liked it and what they thought was good or not so good. From all my events, I've only ever had 2 people (out of hundreds) say they didn't enjoy it (and the feedback is anonymous so you can say what you like :eek: ).

It's really easygoing, it's a good laugh, and makes for a good change from the usual night out, (and you get to meet single people of course). Filan, if you come along and if you don't enjoy it, we'll give you your money back, no problem. :) We can't do much better than that! If anyone has any questions, you can message me or just post it here.

Didn't mean to butt in on the thread, but thought that info might be useful. ;)

I love speed dating,its great craic but wouldnt touch aubars with a ten foot pole. If there was a spped dating event in riddlers,nancys,clohessys in fact anywhere else in Limerick id be there in a jiffy. I just think with aubars you would meet a stuck up.pretentious crowd of rugby huggers and wannabe rags(rugby wags). Any other speed dating events in Limerick coming up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

panda100 wrote:
    I love speed dating,its great craic but wouldnt touch aubars with a ten foot pole. If there was a spped dating event in riddlers,nancys,clohessys in fact anywhere else in Limerick id be there in a jiffy. I just think with aubars you would meet a stuck up.pretentious crowd of rugby huggers and wannabe rags(rugby wags). Any other speed dating events in Limerick coming up??

TBH reagarding "rugby huggers and wannabe rags(rugby wags)" i can't see a difference between aubars and clohessys... but that's just my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

panda100 wrote:
    I officially hate aubars. Was out there on Saturday night and was being friendly so started chatting to a guy at the bar when I was queuing for drinks.He just turned around and said 'Tbh I don't like the look of your face so I cant see this conversation lasting'.
    Actually any time I go out in Limerick but in particularly aubars I get a derogatory COMMENT about the way I look.
    Speed dating in aubars would just be my worst nightmare!

That is a fcuking disgrace. What a pr*ck. I actually cant believe that someone would say that :( If thats what goes on in Aubars, i'd be inclined to steer well clear of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I usually wouldn't go to Aubars, but like Chuckles30 said, most of the people there that night would be there for the speed dating.

Advertisement