Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner's racer

Options
  • 24-06-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I'm doing my first triathlon (in athlone in 3 weeks!) so I'm looking to buy an 'entry level' bike....

I've done my research on the net & I'm thinking of buying the following bike - 2nd hand from gumtree. I'm meeting the fella to have a look at the bike.

Good deal?

I guess I have two questions...

1) Price - I think it's toppy. It was around 300 quid new from my research. I reckon around 150 - 200 would be a fairer price... (Sterling prices - I'm based in London)

2) Have you got any tips for what I should do to avoid buying a lemon? Eg - what faults to look out for, questions to ask etc. I've never bought a 'proper' bike before.

Thanks - I really appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

The first question to get out of the way is, Is it the right size, it's a 58cm frame.

have you checked to see if this is right for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BlackIguana

Good question.

I've just been fitted in a shop (wanted to make sure size was ok) and they put me on a 61" frame. I'm 6 ft 3 inches.

So this bike is out after all that.

Thanks anyhow.

Advertisement