Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF prices around the world

Options
  • 24-06-2007 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

hey just thought this would be a fun idea. basically i went into smiths today and theyve got some of the movie figures in. its a fairly crap selection but the move is another month away for us in ireland. anyway the point is they were flogging leader class prime and megs for 60 euro which is just shy, on todays rates anyawy, of 100 dollars which is a ridiculous amount of money so i thought it'd be fun to see how prices compare around the world even if its just to find out where the cheapest place to buy TFs is and wheres the worst.

stick to the leader class stuff though or it'd get confusing. have fun :D

IRELAND: 60 EURO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

In Smyths : all Transformers, buy one get a second half price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

xanthor wrote:
    Sweden: €81.00
    Norway: €87.00

Xe.com doesn't agree with you.

untitled1sb0.jpg

man i work in foreign exchange. a guy came in three weeks ago and got 69 euro for 100 dollars. even now it only getting you 71 or so. ten euro isnt a million miles away from 60quid. if you can get a better deal fair play but you wont find it in ireland as my companys one of the cheapest. no financial institution will sell or buy from the public at the midrate and thats what that quote is. they add or subtract about 3c on the dollor depending whether theyre buying or selling to you. based on that rate if you walked into a bank you'd probably get a buy rate of 1.3761 and thats before they hit you with commission ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

man i work in foreign exchange. a guy came in three weeks ago and got 69 euro for 100 dollars. even now it only getting you 71 or so. ten euro isnt a million miles away from 60quid. if you can get a better deal fair play but you wont find it in ireland as my companys one of the cheapest. no financial institution will sell or buy from the public at the midrate and thats what that quote is. they add or subtract about 3c on the dollor depending whether theyre buying or selling to you. based on that rate if you walked into a bank you'd probably get a buy rate of 1.3761 and thats before they hit you with commission ;)

Yeah, but we would be talking about somebody in one of those countries getting his pay packet on a friday and going down to his local toy shop to buy something, not somebody from here going to a foreign exchange and changing his money to hop on a plane to the states to buy it.

By the way its £39.99 in England which works out to (according to XE.com) to €59.94, so its more or less the same as here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

we're getting ripped off alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

xanthor wrote:
    Still Hardly just shy of $100 though is it?

considering 10 euro can bearly get you an XL bacon double cheese burger meal here now id say yeah. just shy 100 dollars. still while were on the subject anyone know how much megs and prime are going for in the US ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement