Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network + advice

Options
  • 24-06-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just finished the security+ exam and passed.

Looking to do the Network + now and have started studying for it.

Any advice?

Is is harder/easier to pass then the security+ ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The Network+ is really easy if you know anything about networks. Check out www.mcmcse.com, they've got a good few resources for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

feylya wrote:
    The Network+ is really easy if you know anything about networks. Check out www.mcmcse.com, they've got a good few resources for it.

thanks for the link man. I am going through the sybex fast pass book for it and flew through chapter 1, so it should be ok.... do you think i need to do another book after the fast pass?

is there any free resource that has a load of sample questions?I always find that to be the handiest way to learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

Actually I recommend not doing sample questions until you've read 2-3 different books. And understand the fundamentals. Odd that you did the Security+ before Network+.

Most start with A+, Network+ (which is what I did), then i moved towards LPI and Security+ etc..

Examcram2 book comes recommened (they also have a sample questions book as a follow up)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

The fastpass is more of a revision book, a condensed version of the proper sybex book.

I used the exam cram2 book which I though was great. They also have a practice questions book as well which was already mentioned which is great too.

mcmcse.com is great as was mentioned, another great site worth checking out is techexams.net.

One good study book and those sites is more than enough for this exam.

When your getting over 80% consistantly in practice questions, your ready, well I was.

But I don't mean when your getting over 80% in the same practice exam which consists of about 20 questions!

I mean when you go through all 500 of the practice questions in the exam cram PQ's book and online practice exams and average over 80%.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh i dont think il be going through 3 books, 1 is enough and then loads of practice questions.
    im nearly finished 1 book and it was that difficult at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement