Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin McRae crashing with disc not readable

• 24-06-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone else has been getting errors playing Colin McRae Dirt, mine has started crashing with Disc not readable error message, mostly at the end of an event when the replay starts, it happened me 4 times this morning, its a brand new disc with no marks on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Could just be a faulty disc. Try bringing it back to the shop and having it replaced. If it's still acting up, keep an eye on your 360 cos it's about to break! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Hey, its not a faulty disc. It happened just before the replay with me also. There is a bunch of threads on the xbox.com forums about it. Hopefully it can be fixed with a patch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cheers JM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

**** i thought it was just me! Im getting it too. But check it out, this is how it happens for me.

If i start the console with the McRae disc in the drive, after about 10 mins of play, i get the Disc read error. However, if i start the console without the disc in it, just boot to the dashboard, THEN insert disc and paly, it plays fine. So try that if you havent. Im relieved to know its not just me tho. So yet another feather in the already inglorious cap of 360 technical problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Mine crashes too but seems to to only happen randomly when the game is loading just before race start or other times when the race is finished and i am waiting on the lap times to load .( The disk is not scratched nor has it and scuff marks or prints on the surface ! )

Over on the xbox site / forums most people seem to be bringing back the disk to fix the problem !

• Advertisement

Anyone got any links to threads on the xbox forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Irish1 ,

Here is one of the threads over on the dirt forum on xbox.com , and here is another over on codemasters.co.uk

Cheers Jambo, might try and get it replaced at the weekend, it was happening so often at the weekend I ended up going back to Motostorm on the PS3!!!

Advertisement