Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brakes

• 24-06-2007 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have a 1997 Elnagh Ahorn (ford transit). Just wondering if anyone had come across this problem. When I brake the dash vibrates and brake pedal jitters under foot. I have put new brake liners and brake pads on the front and checked the brake calipers also. This doesnt seem to have solved the problem .Would it be the back brakes that are causing this (havent had a chance to check them out yet). Anyone else come across this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I have no experience with Transits, but I would suspect warped or unevenly worn front disks.

The rear brakes don't really transfer that much breaking force to cause juddering ...they'd either block or not brake enough or pull sideways.

Coming to think of it ...you might also have different problem: Is the vehicle "tight" in all other respects, i.e. going round corners, accelerating hard, etc. Worn suspension/axle bushings could cause the whole front axle to be somewhat loose.

Advertisement