Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused about what i should do

Options
  • 24-06-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, i think that im bisexual. i have had feelings for both sexs for a few years and im pretty sure that if it was just teenage hormonal thingy it would have stopped by now (i'm 16).
    anyway, my problem is i cant really explore the other side of my sexuality (im male) because i dont know any gay or bisexual guys. now my big problem, i have a freind who i have been thinking of telling, in the past she has told me that she can be slightly homophobic, but i do know that she can be okay with homosexuals because she is freinds with a few, i cant really go to the gay teenage club things because people that we both know go to them, i dont really know them that well but im worried that if i do go, they will see me and tell her/tell people in the school i go too (the people in my year would be okay with it (i think) but i dont really want it to be a big deal).
    so i figure if i tell my freind that would probably stop the whole her finding out without me telling her problem, but im worried that she might over react and wont want to be freinds with me (i dont have many freinds, mainly because im really nervous of people until i get to know them a bit, then i "warm up to them" but by the time that happens people just think im weird or i dont like them) so if she over reacts this would only leave me with one freind i trust (to some extent). she has been dating a bisexual guy so i think she would be more open to it now, but once again she's a good freind and i dont really want to lose her as a freind.

anyway, any advice on what the hell i should do would be really, really, really appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Gut reaction was basically "fuk her". Let me explain that abit more, there is a certain type of person who would take not being told personally and then theres a certain type that would understand the situation you're in and be ok with it. The latter is a friend worth having the former isn't. Tell her or don't tell her, but do it because you want to, not out of guilt and fear.

As for the first part, you're 16, you don't need to explore if your'e not ready.
    This might be some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i thought about what you said, and i deicided to tell her because i wanted to. i told her through text, after feeling like i was going to throw up or somthing she texted back and said it was fine :)
    i feel kinda silly now for stressing over it so much lol.
    thanks for the advice i feel so much better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Congrats!
    If u want to "explore" tryn youth groups etc is a great idea!
    Dont feel you HAVE to tell anyone but friends who dont accept ya arent worth havin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Edit, I'm half asleep replying to wrong Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Shellie13 wrote:
    Dont feel you HAVE to tell anyone but friends who dont accept ya arent worth havin!

Scary as it is at times, this is the best advice. I'm glad it all went well for you. Now you can move on with things content that your friends are behind you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement