Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret Piercing - questions!

Options
  • 24-06-2007 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi folks!

I want to get my labret pierced... What's the approximate healing time? How long before you can put a retainer in? Is it still ccalled a labret if it at the side of your mouth?

Sorry for all the question! Thanks in advance!

Also- if you have any other info on it, it'd be mucho mucho appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Hey! mine took about two weeks for the swelling to go down and then about a month for it to heal entirely (by this I mean no pain, bleeding or irritation) I couldn't see why there'd be a problem putting a retainer in after a month if it's already healed but I suppose everyone is different generally I find it one of the easiest of all my piercings to look after so I'd say go for it. I'm pretty sure it's called a labret piercing anywhere on your lip but not definite! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mine was grand after around two weeks,no swelling or pain,it varies from person to person though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Thanks to both of ye! :D

I really want one, but again, the stupid work issue... Damn them. :( I could just cover it up with a little plaster or something! You can get the retainers easily yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Pretty sure any place you get it pierced will also sell retainers and be able to advise you what way to do it, a plaster on your face might not be the best for hiding it. I think your job might still notice, but I suppose you can see do you get away with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

it really depends on your bodies healing time, like i was able to put a retainer in my side lip piercing after 2 days without it hurtin too bad...took about a week and a half for itto be totally painless thou....but im a really fast healer so im lucky:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

what everyone did it my school to get past it was just wear it without the ball on it,much less noticeable so they might not say anything

Advertisement