Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gypsies stealing shopping from cars... (And other anti social behaveour)

• 24-06-2007 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, vent time...

So there I was, walking back from town, I was passing a house where I saw something quite maddening. A middle aged woman was being hassled in her drive way by a gypsy woman, and I saw two kids sneak up to her car (The boot was open, facing the street, and had a lot of shopping bags in it) and grab some of the bags.

I just shouted "Hey!" at the kids, and they bolted up the street towards town. The woman who was being distracted looked at me, and I said to her "They're stealing your shopping!" and she darted round to the back of her car and slammed the boot, then ran back to her house and slammed her front door.

The wierdest thing then was the fact that the gypsy woman just walked off so calmly, and as she passed me, gave me this huge grin as if to say "What are you going to do about it?" and headed up to where her kids were waiting further up the street.

Feckin' hell tbh... I was rather shocked.

It's just getting ridiculous all the criminal activity that goes on, and it just seems to be getting worse. I saw a guy trying to kick in the windows of a shop the other night, and then the same night, there was some little bastard who walked up beside a girl and bumped into her, shoving her to the ground, then ran off up the street and tried to do the same to a guy. I was hoping he'd knock into the wrong guy, and end up being grabbed and having the living snot beaten out of him, but as far as I could tell, he just kept heading off up the street, elbows out, knocking into people. :mad:

I just cannot understand some of the sad excuses for human beings in this world. If it's not some bitch using her kids to steal, it's some prick who gets his laughs by trying to knock people over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just have to hope karma actually works.
    Sometimes karma needs a little push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I really wish we had some kinda of militia who would patrol the streets, beat the **** out of miscreants, and just dump them in a ditch 40 miles out the countryside. Prison doesn't seem to work.
    They disbanded a while back.

edit/ Wow, space-time continuum has broken again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

biko wrote:

...off a bridge ...into a river.

I really wish we had some kinda of militia who would patrol the streets, beat the **** out of miscreants, and just dump them in a ditch 40 miles out the countryside. Prison doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

dont some countries chop hands off thieving ba$tards? maybe that should be brought in here :)

it could also be used on the elbow man..... :)

Strange, it appears biko quoted and replied to my post before I even posted it! :eek:

It's a glitch in der matrix!

**** it, no good moaning about annoying gits on After Hours... Time for Battlefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

dont some countries chop hands off thieving ba$tards? maybe that should be brought in here :)

I bet though, that those countries don't pay disability benefit to them afterwards !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's gypos for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

DaveMcG wrote:
    That's gypos for ya

hey boss, wha did i do ta ya??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

DaveMcG wrote:
    That's gypos for ya
    Words of Wisdom.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

While on the topic of Gypsies, a bunch of Romanian Gypsies raided the shop I work in this morning and stole lots of stuff. I'm not using Gypsies as a slur, they were actual gypsies. They wore all the Gypsy gear and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Binomate wrote:
    While on the topic of Gypsies, a bunch of Romanian Gypsies raided the shop I work in this morning and stole lots of stuff. I'm not using Gypsies as a slur, they were actual gypsies. They wore all the Gypsy gear and everything.
    Before Christmas when I was starting a new job, a group of about 6 or 7 of them came into the shop. Two of them started trying to pay for cheap pencils with E50 notes, then gave me four 50s asking for change in 20s, then changed their minds but this time handing me back less money in an attempt to confuse me and give them E200 in twenties. Quite head-wrecking. All the while the other ones were asking other members of staff for free stuff "for the baby", apparently. I wouldn't have minded as much but it was an airfix model. Odd folks indeed. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'm getting more and more angry reading these threads!

Roma gypsies should be culled!

This is NOT a racist generalisation.

Referring to them as good honourable people would be an extreme generalisation.

I'm so annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Daddio wrote:
    Before Christmas when I was starting a new job, a group of about 6 or 7 of them came into the shop. Two of them started trying to pay for cheap pencils with E50 notes, then gave me four 50s asking for change in 20s, then changed their minds but this time handing me back less money in an attempt to confuse me and give them E200 in twenties. Quite head-wrecking. All the while the other ones were asking other members of staff for free stuff "for the baby", apparently. I wouldn't have minded as much but it was an airfix model. Odd folks indeed. :confused:

^^^The exact same thing happened in my old job! Except they succeeded in confusing the member of staff and the shop lost €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They should bring back in medieval cruel and unusual punishment, and put thieves in the stocks so we can throw rotten fruit at them. And poos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Open season twice a year ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

boreds wrote:
    They should bring back in medieval cruel and unusual punishment, and put thieves in the stocks so we can throw rotten fruit at them. And poos.

A big massive catapult and off to Mayo with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Lazare wrote:
    Roma gypsies should be culled!

Yes but then future generations would judge us harshly for backward attitudes.

So anyway, lets get killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The gards should patrol in specially designed beating vans. Like their normal ones only with 2 or 3 cells that look out onto a large cargo area or "beating floor" as I like to call it so that the next few scummers in line for a beating can watch the current guy getting doen over. they should then be dropped, shoeless about 20 miles from home.

OP you should have stuck the head in her as she walke dby, bet that would have wiped the grin off her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Stekelly wrote:

OP you should have stuck the head in her as she walke dby, bet that would have wiped the grin off her face.

He'd probably have impaled himself on her gold teeth and jewellery :D

cson wrote:
    A big massive catapult and off to Mayo with them.
    ]]

Not like we don't have enough of them all ready.

I suggest we create the Gypsys games and have them compete for our amusement. Our very own The Running Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

ok, i have a BIG confession to make - i have a habit of lurking on stormfront...

and for the first time ever i've managed to get confused as to which window i had open here...

the fact that i can post a reply means it's boards, and really, i'm very disappointed in the rubbish i'm reading in this thread.

boards (irish society in general) really has gone tits up in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

it's always the people whjo would go crazy at the thought of sharia law being implemented who seem to advocate it's tenets the loudest

same way it's always the worst examples of evolution who profess to disbelieve it i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

A gypsy woman and her daughter came up to me a couple of months ago trying to sell me a bracelet for 20 euros for petrol so they could get home...I loudly and abruptly told them both to f**k off and kept walking, I wasn't taking my chances with them and their gypsy mind tricks...like she could afford a car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ok, i have a BIG confession to make - i have a habit of lurking on stormfront...

That reminds me, I have to take a peak at what those chimps are up to.

On Topic, uhmm never had a serious issue. Ther was some big scumbag turf war going on outside my apartment block tonight but it got bottled fairly quick by the gaurds and it has had no effect on me beyond my curiosity of seeing so many tracksuits in one area.

EDIT: Sweet mercy lord of God, is it just me or has stormfront gone even f*cking loonier then usual.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    On Topic, uhmm never had a serious issue. Ther was some big scumbag turf war going on outside my apartment block tonight but it got bottled fairly quick by the gaurds and it has had no effect on me beyond my curiosity of seeing so many tracksuits in one area.

Was that just off Meath St?

I drove by there at 9.00 and there was some sort of aggro goin on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i used to work in a city centre shopping centre in cork,when a big group of roma/gypsies came in to the centre the security guards would come around to all the shops in the centre and warn employees "the gypsies are around",apparently what they do is as mentioned come into shop and either confuse the shop assistant (like above) or rob the place blind.eventually the guards would follow them til they left the centre.

my own experience of roma in the shop is simple,if they came in and bought stuff,no matter what they bought, they would pay for it in change,1 2 5 10 20 cents,i assume its the change they get from begging,what irked me though it was always the greasy guys with jeans and leather jackets who would pay.strange.

they would always ask for change for a note,however my boss had a simple rule,dont give change to anyone!the poles and roma when told we dont give out change always shrugged their shoulders and left but telling andrea with her BT bags she cant have change for a 50 note for to pay for her parking for her 4x4,the look of disgust and expletives in my direction christ! "i jus wont fooking change for the corpork!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

uhmm where is meath street?

This was just above Smithfield stretching from north brunswick street down to where king street and caple street join.

BlitzKrieg wrote:

This was just above Smithfield stretching from north brunswick street down to where king street and caple street join.

LOL, they were murdering each other all over town so.

Meath st, is beside Cork st, south city.

and for the first time ever i've managed to get confused as to which window i had open here...

the fact that i can post a reply means it's boards, and really, i'm very disappointed in the rubbish i'm reading in this thread.

boards (irish society in general) really has gone tits up in the last few years.

Ah ffs man, take a cop-on pill...

People on the internet waffling about chopping hands off is hardly serious in any way. It's idle fist-shaking, and such.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

my own experience of roma in the shop is simple,if they came in and bought stuff,no matter what they bought, they would pay for it in change,1 2 5 10 20 cents,i assume its the change they get from begging,what irked me though it was always the greasy guys with jeans and leather jackets who would pay.strange.

Yeah I've noticed this too. Once I got a roma wearing a leather jacket who bit by bit proceeded to retrieve about 50 euro worth of change (in 10, 20 and 5c) out of his pocket. I told him we weren't a back and subtly suggested he should f**k off but my boss (a moron) made me give him notes for it. It must have taken me about 15 or 20 minutes to count it all and then he started arguing with me over how much I was giving back. I just said sorry but I'm not counting all that again and shut the till.

I don't know where the hell he got all that change from. I suspect he robbed it from somebody who was collecting for a charity or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

AFAIK, a large art of their culture (that no one seems to talk about), is that they are smarter than the non-gypsies. This originates from the historical fact that during the midde ages and so on, they were a good deal more travelled than the average peasant or shopkeeper, and so actually could run rings around them.

When that gypsy woman was grinning at you Karl, she was thinking haha, this poor dumb schmuck, I wonder will he manage to wipe the drool off his gaping mouth before I stroll out of here. Thats what they assume about every non-gypsy, and is really the only way you could justify a culture like theirs even existing.

Of course nowadays we're living in the information age, so the reverse is true. Its the gypsies who have become the thicko peasants and most of the middle class in the countries they visit who are fairly appalled by their primate-like antics.

Here are more of their beliefs:
    • the existence of Del (God)
    • the existence of beng (Satan)
    • the existence of bibaxt (bad luck) and of muló (supernatural spirits or ghosts).
    • he power of good luck charms, amulets and talismans
    • the power of curses
    • the power of healing rituals
    • Marimé is a state of impurity brought on a person by the violation of a purity taboo. It also means a "sentence of expulsion imposed for violation of purity rules or any behavior disruptive to the Roma community." Some Roma consider the part of a woman's body below the waist to be dirty or polluted, because it is associated with menstruation. 1 In many tribes, women wear long skirts, the bottoms of which must not touch a man other than her husband.
    • A pregnant woman is considered unclean. She must not give birth in the family home because it would then become impure. Sometimes knots are ritually untied as the birth approaches. This is believed to assure that the umbilical cord will not be tangled. After birth, anything that the new mother touches is later destroyed. This quarantine continues at least until the baptism of the baby.
    • Newborns are baptized, usually in running water, when they are a few weeks old. Often, the infant is massaged with oil; this is believed to make it strong.
    • A Roma typically has three names. The first is known only by the mother; it is given at the time of birth. Its purpose is to confuse evil spirits by keeping the real name of the child from them. The second name is conferred at the time of baptism, and is the commonly used name within the tribe. A third, different name may be given when the child is re-baptized in a Christian church. It has little importance, except when dealing with non-Roma.
    • In the past, people were typically married between the ages of 9 to 14. This tradition has changed in many tribes due to the influence of the surrounding culture. Pre-marital sex is very strongly forbidden. Marriages to outsiders are heavily discouraged. The wedding ceremony is usually simple. In some tribes, the bride and groom join hands in front of the chief or an elder and promise to be true to each other. In ancient times, they used be married by jumping over a broomstick in the presence of their families.
    • When a person dies, relatives and friends gather around and ask for forgiveness for any bad deeds that they have done to that person. They are concerned that if such grievances are not settled, then the dead person might come back as an evil spirit and cause trouble. In the past, the widow might commit suicide when her husband died so that she could accompany him during the afterlife. Sometimes, the deceased's nostrils are plugged with wax so that evil spirits cannot enter and occupy the body. Clothing, tools, eating utensils, jewelry, and money may be placed in the coffin in order to help the deceased in the next world. The deceased's possessions are burned, broken or sold to non-Roma.
    • They believe that a person can be reincarnated as another human or animal. Alternatively, they might appear as a muló or "living dead", seeking revenge on anyone who harmed him during his life on earth.
    • Many Roma rules of behavior relate to the use of water. They normally wash in running water, as in a shower. Baths are not used. Women's and men's clothes are washed separately, because of the impurities of a woman's body. Clothes of a pregnant or menstruating woman are washed furthest downstream from the camp, to avoid contamination.
    • Women must not expose their legs. They wear long, multi-colored skirts.
    • Out of respect for the importance of the horse in assuring Roma mobility, the eating of horse meat is prohibited in some tribes.
    • Many Roma women, called drabardi practice fortune telling. But fortunes are only read for non-Romas.
    • Other women are are called drabarni or drabengi and practice natural healing techniques.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Give me your tears gypsy, or I will take them from you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

biko wrote:
    Just have to hope karma actually works.

a little push by a very big man followed by the scumbag being repeatedly kicked by said big man

Karma does work .... they are scumbags ... people look at them and think what a f*cking scummer i hope some guy kicks the s*it outta him and continues to think so as long as they continue to be scumbags ...

thats really interesting SimpleSam06 but i'm confused ... are you justifying their behaviour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wompa1 wrote:
    A gypsy woman and her daughter came up to me a couple of months ago trying to sell me a bracelet for 20 euros for petrol so they could get home...I loudly and abruptly told them both to f**k off and kept walking, I wasn't taking my chances with them and their gypsy mind tricks...like she could afford a car!

Do not shrink me gypsy, all I want is your tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Of course Karma works ! They've been reincarnated as scumbags ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

thats really interesting SimpleSam06 but i'm confused ... are you justifying their behaviour

I think it was a subtle hint for me to answer the door to the next one looking for money/steal stuff from the porch, wearing a sheet over my head like a ghost, and rasping 'unclean...UNCLEAN!!' at her

Wossack wrote:
    I think it was a subtle hint for me to answer the door to the next one looking for money/steal stuff from the porch, wearing a sheet over my head like a ghost, and rasping 'unclean...UNCLEAN!!' at her

LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Wossack wrote:
    Legend! :D Seriously though, you do kind of hit the point I was trying to make, if you want to deal with something, you need to understand it first. Their behaviour seems to be completely nutso until you understand what exactly makes them behave like that. Once you know why, its not so baffling, and you can make a plan what to do about it.

Maybe we should start making used maxipad amulets or something, like those bottles of water people leave in their gardens to keep out dogs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

^^

you'll have someone quoting Sun Tzu in a moment :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

BlitzKrieg wrote:

I was walking up there the other day, I then went down through Smithfield. There is some sort of juvenile court there or something, anyhoo, there was a big group of tracksuit wearing Scobies standing outside smoking and trading stories. This big country Garda stepped out of the side door and said "right lads are yee all done and finished inside" when they replied "yes", he said "right then well **** OFF OUTA HERE" "GOWAN **** OFF ... GGET OUT"

They all legged it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

Anyone else really sick of spongers coming to this country not to work? There is a bunch of about 20-30 gypsies living in the bushes by Dublin airport, they're getting well washed these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ok, vent time...

So there I was, walking back from town, I was passing a house where I saw something quite maddening. A middle aged woman was being hassled in her drive way by a gypsy woman, and I saw two kids sneak up to her car (The boot was open, facing the street, and had a lot of shopping bags in it) and grab some of the bags.

I just shouted "Hey!" at the kids, and they bolted up the street towards town. The woman who was being distracted looked at me, and I said to her "They're stealing your shopping!" and she darted round to the back of her car and slammed the boot, then ran back to her house and slammed her front door.

The wierdest thing then was the fact that the gypsy woman just walked off so calmly, and as she passed me, gave me this huge grin as if to say "What are you going to do about it?" and headed up to where her kids were waiting further up the street.

Feckin' hell tbh... I was rather shocked.

Sweet Jesus. If thats real, and I've little doubt it is I'm going to be extra careful with those fvckers.

Maybe we should start making used maxipad amulets or something, like those bottles of water people leave in their gardens to keep out dogs...

oh jesus thats disgusting :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

jaysus if i caught one of them tryin to steal my shoppin i'd kick the ****e outa them , man or woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LiamDuff

A gypsy girl tried to rob me at the ATM the other night. I cracked her in the square jaw and I'd encourage others to do so as well. The softly softly approach doesnt work with these animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

LiamDuff wrote:
    A gypsy girl tried to rob me at the ATM the other night. I cracked her in the square jaw and I'd encourage others to do so as well. The softly softly approach doesnt work with these animals.

Good man!

Advertisement