Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The amount of campers/motorhomes out there

• 24-06-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

...is unreal these days !

Just came back from an overnighter in Donegal and on the short stretch between Donegal Town and Sligo we met at least 40 motorhomes and campers.

The majority of them was Irish regged and didn't look like rentals either.

Good to see so many out and about !

Now ...if only some of ye also started writing in here, we'd be one of the busiest forums on boards :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

I was just saying to my wife lat week ...was there always that many campers/motorhomes around or is it the fact that we only recently bought one makes me take more notice of them. I'm sure there has been an upsurge of interest in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There always used to be a fair amount, but most of them would be foreign reg.
    But as a return ferry trip with a motorhome from the continent these days can easily cost close to a thousand euro in high season, the foreign ones seem to be getting less.

There used to be a lot of Italian and French motorhomes about ...haven't seen one yet this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 champer

Yes I just thought there were loads on the road cos I had just gotten one and had been looking for awhile so I was noticing them more, but no there are definetly loads on the roads and as you say most with Irish plates. I think and its only a personal thought it that there are more because of the SSIAs. Yes I am like many others who would always have liked one but never had the dosh but now thanks to my SSIAs I can actually afford it :-) Although really if you look at it if I could save that amount I could have actually bought it years ago and paid it off

So here's to all the SSIA campervanners :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

When we bought ours, 4 years ago, there used to be only a handful on the (Irish) sites. This year I've noticed they outnumber the caravans a lot of the time! I counted over 20 on a site one weekend, versus 16 caravans. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My parents bought their first one about 11 years ago, but in the last year or two Dad has actually started importing and selling them. He reckons that the demand is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Has anybody been to Dublin Airport lately and experienced the hastle of flying. I certainly don't have te patience any more for airports. I'm sure that's a factor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 champer

Yeah Stapler that was one of the main reasons that I bought one. I queued for almost 2 hours to get to security in Stanstead in March and thought to myself I am never doing this again, it takes from your holiday completly ...so good point :-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

just reading the post on the number of campers on the donegal / sligo road recently

1. there was a get to gether for motor home users in Rosses point that weekend me thinks
    2. Also there was a get together at Roscommon Race course same weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I went to France on the boat a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing to see the amount (and the varying standards) of Irish motorhomes getting onto the ferry. I would say there was at least 50 if not more making their way onto the boat.

Advertisement