Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Exam Results [Summer][2007] Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

rmacm wrote:
    Shouldn't that one for 2nd Class Honours, Grade 1 be 3.00 - 3.39.....anyway I'm sure most people figured that.

Happy enough myself 2 A's and 3 B's 2.1 degree :)

Cheers
    Rory

Oops I just copied and pasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm trying to do this from Vancouver, can someone please tell me how to access my results? I have a PM from how to do it at Christmas, but that method doesn't seem to be working now. Thanks a mil.

EDIT: Got them in the CV section, is there any way to find out my QCA? Down a good bit on my Semester 1 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Hi all,

When I rang the MAE department last week for my degree classification I was told i got a first class hons.

However , on checkin my reslts my cumulative qca is 3.31. As I understood it, the 1.1 minimum is a qca of 3.4 or above?

Anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

QCA will be available on the actual results section. Don't think it's available from the CV section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

kifi wrote:
    Hi all,

When I rang the MAE department last week for my degree classification I was told i got a first class hons.

However , on checkin my reslts my cumulative qca is 3.31. As I understood it, the 1.1 minimum is a qca of 3.4 or above?

Anyone help?

MAE?

Did you do a Masters or Undergrad? The cutoff for grade classifications are different for undergrads and postgrads. A 1.1 for a masters has a lower cutoff than for an undergrad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

kifi wrote:
    Hi all,

Anyone help?
    There's a discretionary band of 0.1 where they can choose to give you the higher award if your QCA is within 0.1 of the higher award. Every constituent college makes their own rules on who gets it and who doesn't. Business,, for example has historically rounded up or down (i.e. if you're above or below 3.35). Quite possible that MAE just give it to everyone above 3.30 or just change their minds year by year on a whim. if they say you have it then you should have it, though I wouldn't depend on it until you get your actual parchment (it has been known for departments to send out a letter and then send out another one changing their minds)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 smirnoff

I failed 2 exams and have to repeat 3, has anyone been through this before and passed second time round.

Advertisement