Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

harmon kardon drive + play

Options
  • 24-06-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I have just had one of these fitted in my car. I was wondering if anyone else has one as i'm not finding it great. There is a good bit of buzzing and the sound quality of the songs isnt great either. I have tried playing songs that are ripped at 320 as opposed to 192 and it still sounds crap. I have it set at frequency 88.1fm. Thats what the fitter put it at. I did a search through the radio to try and find a clear station to see if that made a difference but it didnt.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm guessing this is H&K kit is a wireless transmitter,
    have a look at some tips I posted here. Whilst it's
    based on the Belkin Tunecast II, you might find parts
    useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

no, its not wireless, its hardwired into the headunit of the radio. it wasnt cheap either, it was reduced from 230 euro to 150. if anyone has one of these, what frequency do you find the best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Did you instal it yourself ? You can use it two ways, you can have it wired to your unit via the aux inputs or use it as a wireless transmitter which you have done so Gran Hermanos tips would apply in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

tabatha wrote:
    I have it set at frequency 88.1fm. Thats what the fitter put it at. I did a search through the radio to try and find a clear station to see if that made a difference but it didnt.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Call the fitter, they may have wired it incorrectly. If I'd paid 150 for it and then got it fitted I'd be calling then to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

Jip wrote:
    Did you instal it yourself ? You can use it two ways, you can have it wired to your unit via the aux inputs or use it as a wireless transmitter which you have done so Gran Hermanos tips would apply in your case.

no i had a fitter put it in. i am going to call them today about it again. when they fit it first there were problems as he said my radio was only a 6kw instead of the 12 required so he had to fix that also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement