Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless usb adapters

• 24-06-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

hey, i have a netgear adsl modem to run the bb wirelessly in my house,but i have to use a netgear wireless usb adapter with my laptop to get the internet working on my laptop,the usb adapter recently broke and i need to get a new one but i saw a few different usb adapters and was wondering,is it possible to use a different make usb adapter,will it work properly? any advice would be very helpful,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Any usb adapter should work mate. Although from experience, I've always found the Netgear to be the best kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

ok thanks,tbh i find the netgear usb adapter to be way too bulky in size and looks like a really cheaply put together adaptor, do u have to use a wireless usb adapter with ur netgear modem,even though my laptop has wireless in it it still cant pick up the modem from upstairs,is there anyway i can fix that? cause using the adapter is just annoying,it always gets in the way

Advertisement