Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Photocard driving licences?

Options
  • 24-06-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I remember hearing somewhere a few years ago (around the same time the theory test was introduced) that the paper driving licences were to be replaced by the plastic credit card-style licences that they use in the UK (and elsewhere). Does anyone know why this never came to pass?

I find the paper licenses quite cumbersome. If they had a credit card-sized one I would keep it in my wallet, and it would also be handy for ID purposes. I keep the paper one in the glove compartment though as I can imagine losing it quite easily if kept in my pocket. Also, if it gets wet it will probably need replacing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have folded mine origami-style into a 3" by 2" size, and it fits neatly in my wallet. Always fun to watch the Garda's face when I take it out and proceed to open it!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I think the DOE/T have bigger problems on their minds at the moment with regard to licensing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

It would be much handier once it is introduced.I dont know when it will be out but i sometimes leave my licence at home or in the other car as i have 2 cars its difficult to keep it in both.And of course the government came out with stupid 1 or 2 points if you dont have your licence on you.

Advertisement