Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law with Business

Options
  • 24-06-2007 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I'm now considering Law with Business as a course and stuck between which to go for, Law or... Law with Business. Is there much difference between the two as if I picked Law with Business I wouldn't want it to be a Business Degree in essence but would rather 50-65% of it to be Law at least.

Also, I think Law on it's own might be boring and this might make it more interesting but not sure as of yet which I should do??

Also, any personal responses to the course/coursework/UCD for Law etc and anything else??

Thanks...

Lucas

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Most people who did this degree are stuck with the title "business and legal studies", but at the same time, will tell you it's a top-notch course, and well worth doing.

I've just finished it, and I think my outlook and education are improved because of it - although, I cannot say that law would not equally have improved my outlook and education.

Really, it's a personal choice - but there are a few benefits to it that I can see. Firstly, you education is broader in that it brings in two disciplines. Secondly, your class size is bigger, so that you can make more friends, and it's not so big that you feel alienated by the mass of people. Other benefits are such that you get a four-year degree. I know most people will tell you that there's no difference between a three- and four-year degree - but my own experience tells me that I know much much more having done four years as above three.

Some straight law people will have other stories, so I'd wait for their comments first!

Advertisement