Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul London almost fired?

• 25-06-2007 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Credit: Wrestling Exposed.Com:

Paul London was reportedly telling close friends that he was almost fired by WWE recently for allowing the Ashley Massaro/ Survivor story to get out.

Apparently, Ashley stuck up for London and told management that he would never have intentionally leaked the information.

The 2nd incident came during the Mr McMahon "limo explosion" on Raw. As noted by Jerry Lawler on Raw (albeit in a story line context), London was the only member of the roster shown on camera to crack a smile during Vince's fateful walk at the end of the show. Bearing in mind that all the talent had been told to treat the angle as serious and real, McMahon was furious with London. Both of these incidents landed London is some hot water.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Apparently, Ashley stuck up for London

Thats the most worthwhile thing Ashley has done since being in the WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

so true..............................
    As with getting into "hot water" for smiling before Vince went to the limo,that is just bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

They are rumoured to be dating though, so that's probably why she did it....

I think it would be really stupid to fire London over something as stupid as that....he wasn't the only one grinning, maybe the most noticable though lol, but that's kinda part of his character anyway.

As for leaking information, he is supposed to have said it to a fan he met at an airport, maybe not the best thing to do but it's not the end of the world ffs.

They are rumoured to be dating though, so that's probably why she did it....

Really? So that makes another couple they split up during the draft.

Mickie and Kenny, Melina and Kenny and Lashley and Kyrstal all got moved to different shows.

Mickie and Kenny, Melina and Kenny and Lashley and Kyrstal all got moved to different shows.

From what I've heard anyway...

Don't forget Maria & Punk have been split from the start!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

if pl wer to get fired it would look stupid as himself and spanky were tag champs for a year.it would ruin a great future feud wit da hardys

Don't forget Maria & Punk have been split from the start!

See Vince has it spot on. Love is to blame for the lack of new stars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Kenny sure gets around!

London's always smiling, it would have been more suspicious if he hadn't been smiling when Vince was walking past him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kenny is dating both Melina and Mickie... Lucky Bastard

Oops. Sorry Johnny. Who knows though?! Its the wrestling business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Uh no, Nitro is dating Melina and Kenny is engaged to Mickie. Last i remembered anyway but as Vince135792003 says, it IS the wrestling business :)

VR!

Uh no, Nitro is dating Melina and Kenny is engaged to Mickie. Last i remembered anyway but as Vince135792003 says, it IS the wrestling business :)

VR!

Sure isnt this the real reason why they do the Diva search every year. Its mainly because they have a group of lads traveling on their own from hotel to hotel room.
    Basically getting away from the gay 80s and 90s HAHA

But that scene with Vince and with Paul London , i thought that was hilarious . Its almost like he wants to be fired . You never know .

But that scene with Vince and with Paul London , i thought that was hilarious . Its almost like he wants to be fired . You never know .

Hah yeah i was in stitches when that happened. I also read that he might be getting buried as a result of it, however Londrick won their match on SD last friday so i don't know...

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

however Londrick won their match on SD last friday so i don't know...

You mean Raw, right? I haven't watched any of SD yet

Fozzy wrote:
    You mean Raw, right? I haven't watched any of SD yet

Yeah forgot they got drafted there.
    VR!

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Paul London and Brian Kendrick's move from SmackDown from Raw was done at least partially as punishment.

London has "megaheat" on him due to a security leak. As reported earlier, he talked business with a fan he often sees at a Texas area airport where he flies out of. It is not uncommon for wrestlers to talk with fans, but most wrestlers are smart enough to not talk to people who tell everyone publicly that they talked to them. Ashley had just been "suspended" at around the time he talked to the fan, so that was an obvious conversation starter. He told the fan that the real reason Ashley was taking time off from television was because she was going away for a while to film the reality show Survivor in China. This was supposed to be kept a secret. The fan posted about his encounter online on a wrestling message board, and he mentioned the Ashley note in passing. As you can imagine, the fan encounter quickly spread online as it was soon everywhere. So much so that people in WWE eventually got wind of the report as well. Now everyone knows that Ashley is going to be on Survivor, and WWE actually has someone to blame for a change for leaking inside info out, and that's Paul London.

Although they debuted on Raw last week beating Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, the long-term role is for them to put over Cade & Murdoch, as well as be the stepping stone to put over heel teams before they get matches with Cryme Tyme. WWE plans on giving Cryme Tyme a push in late summer/early fall. On the otherhand, much like other situations in the past few months (Orton, CM Punk, Carlito), if they're over enough, or if a serious injury occurs, their punishment, official or un-official, will probably be forgotten within a matter of weeks.

Advertisement