Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Vengeance.....Spoliers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Putting Foley in the middle of a match like that where he meant nothing was kinda sad to me.

Me too. Triple H won't mind that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I enjoyed some of it. It was about average for a WWE ppv. I'm surprised there weren't more titles changing, the whole idea of the ppv seems a bit pointless now

Crowd obviously wanted Benoit there and not Nitro, but it was a pretty good match all the same. I felt Nitro was going to win when he came out. I read about him replacing Benoit last night, but I vaguely remember having a dream about Austin Aries being the replacement. That would've been somethin!

It's a pity the Hardys and Cade & Murdoch didn't get more time. Edge and Batista was good, it was all about Edge til the very end though. Main event was good too, too often those kind of matches are just a load of brawling until everyone hits their finisher. Bit more structure to this one I think. I'm guessing this will lead somewhere with Mick, otherwise I don't know why he'd do it

Nice touch having the veterans there, cool to see Magnum, Harley, Steamboat and Windham. Although most of those guys work for WWE anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Absolute joke of a PPV

only saved by some good wrestling

How does that work? A joke of a wrestling PPV which had good wrestling. What are you looking for. I thought it was a solid PPV. Quality wrestling and not too much time wasting backstage. I liked the videos of the legends. The only finish I didn't like was the DQ in the Umaga match but then Umaga destroyed him so it was forgivable. I thought the finish to the Edge match was funny and the finish to the Main Event had me on edge.
    Is it just me or is the quality of the womens matches improving?

I think it's the women who are improving, mainly Candice. She was dire in the ring not too long ago, but now she can get through a match without looking too uncomfortable and out of place. Although the finish to her match was a bit dodgy

All videos go in the video thread

Link to post about Vengeance: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53484602&postcount=182

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

It was a mediocre PPV. WWE are really struggling with the volume of PPV's they have had recently, it's complete overkill.

I was surprised at how long the cruisers got, that was probably my favourite match of the night, mainly because at one stage I believed Yang might actually win. The end to Umaga's match was a joke. Hopefully Regal will be the man to take the belt off Marella.

MVP and Flair was pretty decent. I like MVP now, based purely on PPV's cos I don't watch Smackdown, but that finisher of his is pathetic, nearly as bad as Carlito's back cracker. At least Flair hasn't been hit with an effective finisher for the last few months.

I loved the end of the Edge Batista match. Down to the mid card for you Dave!
    The main event was enjoyable. I see JR still insists on calling him Booker T. Lashley's spot was cool, it's very impressive seeing a ball of muscle fly like that, kinda like Hernandez from LAX. Cena was always going to win though, it wouldn't be right to have him lose the title in a multi man match.

It was cool to see all the old guys mentioned, they seem to be making a big effort to make the new younger fans aware of the past.
    JBL's speech was quite moving.

Not the worst PPV of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Batista was usless last night and they were right to leave Edge as teh champion but I am so F***ing sick of John Cena winning ever match so they can raise his profile to make more crap movies.

Advertisement