Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to...

• 25-06-2007 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

those two clowns Jack and Ally on Spin 103? I never listen to the station other than late nights during the summer. However I noticed that they were gone, and I want to know where.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The moved to weekends on Q102. No idea what time they are actually on at though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anyone know who replaced them? Is the show any good now? When Spin first started out I enjoyed the fact that a lot of the music was a bit different to the more staid music on regular stations. That changed soon enough and I never liked Jack and Allies show. Those two were trying to be too cool and down with the kids for my tastes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

It was replaced by "The Spin". It's the same but with different presenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

so if the spin is the name i assume its also not worth checkin out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭David O'Keeffe

DanOB wrote:
    so if the spin is the name i assume its also not worth checkin out?
    The Spin seems to attempt for more "intelligent topics". Jack and Ally had sex talk- an excuse for immature teenagers who were facinated by sex to speak about "naughty stuff" on air. These teenagers, who went on the air, were mostly those who shouldn't be having sex and were facinated about it because they were trying to be like those on "The OC"!

They even tried to make it "cool" by releasing a warning before the show, and throughout, that "this show contains adult content of a sexual nature". Odd putting adult content on a station who was intended for "tweenagers" and young people. Hmmm...

Besides, the new presenters are less loud and in your face, and thankfully Ally is gone - did you notice she kept saying "you can text us...", all the time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

those two clowns Jack and Ally on Spin 103? I never listen to the station other than late nights during the summer. However I noticed that they were gone, and I want to know where.

two clowns? that's not very nice is it?
    They were quite good on Spin I thought.. they're on Q102 now

Advertisement