Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Steering Wheel

• 25-06-2007 2:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Picked up the Microsoft 360 steering wheel that is meant to be wireless but i really fail to see how it is! HA! Anyway, it's awesome with forza 2 but i'm not as quick at all as I was with a controller.

Can somebody give me some tips to get better? The AI is on medium and all settings except ABS are off...

I really want to put the AI to easy because they keep banging me off the track and with the force feedback, it's a nightmare to recover...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Truther

cheesedude wrote:
    Hey guys,

Picked up the Microsoft 360 steering wheel that is meant to be wireless but i really fail to see how it is! HA! Anyway, it's awesome with forza 2 but i'm not as quick at all as I was with a controller.

Can somebody give me some tips to get better? The AI is on medium and all settings except ABS are off...

I really want to put the AI to easy because they keep banging me off the track and with the force feedback, it's a nightmare to recover...

Cool! Practise, practise and more practise! I'm getting mine 2moro can't wait! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As frustrating as it can be, the wheel really is the only way forward...it just felt pathetic with the controller...really did.

Just got mine now, with free PGR3, not bad, I can trade it in seeing as I have one already, and I got Colin McRae Rally, all for 160 euro. Jaysus I'm crap at the steering!

Actually I don't like this at all. It's too uncomfortable, the pedals are crap. And not only that but I just realised that my wheel is crucket. Gamestop will have to give me a replacement if I went down 2moro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Clamp it on a desk. The pedals are most certainly not crap. This bit of kit has been getting raving reviews all over the net. You must just have a dodgy set because this piece of kit is sensational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

cheesedude wrote:
    Clamp it on a desk.
    ...Ironing board FTW! I'm not kidding - try it!
    cheesedude wrote:
    The pedals are most certainly not crap.
    Pedals aren't too comfortable but I did enjoy using the steering wheel the other day. I can't floor the accelerator without moving my heel off the floor - not ideal.

Lol@ Ironing board. I use the keyboard part of my computer desk.

The accelerator is fine to me, the problem is with the break. Like with the accelerator it seems like my foot just rests nicely but with the break I can't rest my foot on the ground and press the break, my foot just gets really sore and tiring after a while. I think the solution is a good chair maybe.

Just got a replacement today. Hmmm I'll take that back what I said. This new one is brill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah all you need to do is to clamp it to a desk and then lots of practice. It is a really good bit of kit once it is secured firmly. I have no idea why anyone would want to use it on their knees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

good tip, stick a balled pair of socks behind the brake pedal for more feel, also turn off the ABS and reduse the brake pressure to 75ish so it doesnt lock up all the time,., oh and use the bonnet or bumper views, they make it easier to pin it to the kerbs.,

• Advertisement

Good advice. I'm good with the slowish cars, but terrible with the fast ones. I keep spinning everytime I turn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i just fool around a lot with an M3 GTR and no traction control and drift it around tsakuba.,lol, its a good laugh and looks great on the replays.,

Advertisement