Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pain in my NAT

• 25-06-2007 4:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have been having the same trouble getting my NAT on open and im hopeing someone can help.I have rang Xbox live and my server and keep getting the run around!!The only differance with my problem is that i connect my xbox stright into my modum.I dont have a router!!

I will be very greatfull to whom ever can help as my head is melted :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

You need to supply more information if you want help from anyone. Connection type? modem make and model? isp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Hopefully you have a pc to setup the modem correctly.

Basically ring your Internet Service Provider ok, and tell them the situation, they'll give you an IP address (something like 192.168.1.1) and that'll bring you to your modem homepage where you can change settings. You'll need to find out ports that you need open for the games and xbox live and also enable UPnP.

But basically your ISP can sort all this for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Findulan wrote:
    I have been having the same trouble getting my NAT on open and im hopeing someone can help.I have rang Xbox live and my server and keep getting the run around!!The only differance with my problem is that i connect my xbox stright into my modum.I dont have a router!!

I will be very greatfull to whom ever can help as my head is melted :eek:

The following ports must be available for Xbox Live to operate correctly:

• UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074

Im going to need more info about your system/setup if I am going to help you

What is the name and model of you router/modem?
    Do you have a PC in your home that has access to the net through the Router/Modem?
    If so when you turn on your computer is your internet automatically on?

If you have one of those Netopia routers/modems then you can just select an option that opens the required ports for a specific machine (in your case your Xbox)

this is easy enough to set up. If you want to try it yourself you should throw your modem make and model # into google and see if there is any info on how to open ports on it. Someone is bound to have tried it before, there will defo be info available

Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Findulan

I have opened all of these ports on my PC and opened all through my IP address which Xbox told me to to use an IP address of 192.168.1.34. My network provider IP address is 192.168.1.1
    I have signed off opening my ports in my network address with Xbox IP address 192.168.1.34.!! Do i need to open the same ports on the Xbox IP address???
    I have also used a port forwarding site from the internet which has not been any help so far. My modum is a ZyXEL Prestige 600!! If you need any more info i am only to happy to give it....

Cheers Graham...........Jim

P.S my connection is wired.....

Cheers robnubis i have done all of this,but i have not heard about UPnP can you give me more info??
    Thanks for your help............Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thing that I always find helps is lower your router/modems inbuilt firewall. Stick it on low and away ya go.

Zapp can you tell me how to do this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I dunno about your modem but on mine when I go to the modem homepage there is a toolbar on the right, and one of the options is 'Firewall'. I just went in there and stuck it on low.

I found out there is no firewall on my modem snd then tried switching off my firewall on my PC and it made no differance!!Thanks all the same Zapp it was worth a go!!

Advertisement