Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XDA on Meteor

• 25-06-2007 7:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm totally new to the workings of the XDA and I'm having a bit of trouble getting all my Meteor settings on to the phone.

I've had a look at the stickys on the board here but I'm still a little lost.
    I was wondering if somebody could offer a little help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ay Cee wrote:
    Hey all,
    I'm totally new to the workings of the XDA and I'm having a bit of trouble getting all my Meteor settings on to the phone.

I've had a look at the stickys on the board here but I'm still a little lost.
    I was wondering if somebody could offer a little help?
    send me a PM with the info you need. If no one has gotten back to you by tonight i'll see if i can help. I've used the XDAII on meteor, settins might be the same. Don't have the phone with me though, so i can't check anything til i get home from work this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've got my XDA Atom working on metoer using the settings here.

What exactly is the problem you are having?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Don't have the phone with me here but I couldn't manage to set up a net connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ay Cee wrote:
    Don't have the phone with me here but I couldn't manage to set up a net connection.

Is it that you don't know where to enter the information in, or that it just won't connect with the settings?

If it is the latter, make sure and enter the proxy details for the connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Tap:
    Start Menu
    Settings item
    Connections tab
    Connections icon
    Advanced tab
    Select Networks button

Select My MMS from the top Drop Down List (if available) and tap the Edit... button, you are brought to the Modem Tab in Connection Settings

OR

If My MMS isn't available create it by tapping New... and entering My MMS, then tap the Modem Tab

Tap the New.. button

Connection Name: Meteor MMS GPRS
    Select Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    Tap Next...

Access point name: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Tap Next...

User name: my
    Password: mms
    Domain: (leave blank)
    Tap Finished...

You are brought back to the Modem tab in Connection Settings, if there is more than one connection make sure the connection you just created is selected (i.e. the radio button beside Meteor MMS GPRS is active)

Tap OK in the top left once.

Now make sure from the top Drop Down list you select My ISP again (to make sure you can easily connect back to the GPRS Internet services again by default)

Tap OK in the top left twice to get back to the Settings Screen.

Now to configure the MMS application...

Tap:
    Start Menu
    Programs item
    MMS Composer
    Tools Menu (at bottom)
    Options...

Preferences Tab is displayed...
    Tap the Servers Tab
    Tap and hold on somewhere in the middle of the screen until the 'pop-up' menu appears
    Tap New

Server Name: Meteor MMS
    Gateway: 10.85.85.85
    Server Address: http://mms.mymeteor.ie

Tap OK and you are brought back to the Servers Tab
    Tap the Preferences Tab

Connect Via: My MMS
    Connect to Server: Meteor MMS
    Tick, Retrieve Messages Immediately *
    Size Limit, Sending: e.g. 40k
    No attempts before aborting: e.g. 3
    Tick, Download on home network only (if required)

* if the message doesn't download immediately (automatically) you can open up the MMS app, select the message header and Tap 'Download' to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

Thanks for the tutorial, it brought me right up to the MMS composer steps without a problem. Unfortunately I got lost because i'm using WM6 and the options in WM6 are different.

When I get to the servers tab the fields available are:
    Server name
    Gateway
    Port Number
    Server address
    Connect via
    Send Limit
    Wap version

If you could please advise me as to what should go in these feilds i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    S.h.2001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

went to use the XDA II today, cause my phone is broken, but i can't get the WAP settings in - can't work out how to put them in.

Could anyone provide a tutorial like the one above, for WAP settings - or whatever the correct settings are for looking at the net on the XDA II on meteor would be.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Thanks for that info whisht,

Unfotunately I don't have MMS Composer. Is there another way?

I'm running WM5, ROM Version 2.26.10.2 WWE

I'm having trouble upgrading the rom. I've gone through XDA Developers but can't find a decent ROM. Any one recommend one, with a link?

I'm running a G4.

Advertisement