Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leitrim v Donegal

Options
  • 25-06-2007 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Local derby in the championship in a few weeks should be a full house in Carrick on Shannon, hopfuly Donegal can get the season back on track.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Any time and date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ah sure they should have give us a bye to save Leitrim's embarrassment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

smashey wrote:
    Any time and date yet?
    To be desided today AFAIK it is on Saturday 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah 7th July, 7.00 pm I think. Thank God its not too far away, back well in time for last orders.:D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I drive through Carrick on Shannon sometimes on the way back to Dublin it could be a bottlekneck for this match would say it would be advisable to park in the Super Value carpark on the Sligo side of the town for a quick get away but it would be a 10-15 walk from the ground (let's hope we don't have to make a quick get away!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

carrick man, give me a shout the next time you are at a match, will give you a couple of back roads that will get you out of problems in no time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote:
    Ah sure they should have give us a bye to save Leitrim's embarrassment :D
    Yep Thats what galway thought too and we gave them an awful fright. Was at the match on Sunday and they played their little boots off.

tuppence wrote:
    Yep Thats what galway thought too and we gave them an awful fright. Was at the match on Sunday and they played their little boots off.

Yeah, but it is a different standard/intensity. Still I think Leitrim will need to be lucky and take all their chances and kick less wides to do it. Donegal will need to kick 16/17 wides. Does happen though. Fermanagh beat Donegal that way 3 years ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Well can I add one last thing. Up Leitrim!
    This calls for a quick exit now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭MikeTheMan

Jaysus, that came close. Anyway, well done Donegal!! WOOOHOOO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jesus - extra time required! Congrats Donegal.

No disrespect to Leitrim, but we seem to be getting worse each match. Just coming from a Top 4/8 teams coming up to the Match.

Seriously though 6 minutes injury time. I've seen matches where that should have been played, (and often could be a lot of matches) but?

If I'm right the draw is tomorrow and the winners from this eve/tom play against each other. Wouldn't like to be away to any of the teams that won today. Same with tomorrow, and there's a few wouldn't like at home either!

On a positive note! Probably a few teams wouldn't like to go to Ballybofey either!:)

Westmeath away next weekend could have been a far worse draw!

Mullingar - 7.00 - Sat. evening.

Tough place to go but maybe shade it by 2 points again!

Westmeath usually don't concede too much but don't score too much either so hopefully we should outscore them!

Seanies32 wrote:
    Mullingar - 7.00 - Sat. evening.
    Changed to 5pm

Changed back to 7pm:
    Qualifier time changes
    11 July 2007
    Saturday’s All-Ireland second round qualifier clash between Westmeath and Donegal at Cusack Park, Mullingar, has reverted back to its original throw in time of 7pm while the Offaly and Dublin All-Ireland SHC qualifier in Tullamore now has a 3pm start time.

The game in Mullingar was moved forward to a 5pm throw in yesterday but Croke Park have reverted back to the original start time of 7pm, with the Westmeath-Kerry Christy Ring Cup game preceding it at 5pm.

Advertisement