Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murray Walker returns to comentating

• 25-06-2007 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Formula One's legendary voice, Murray Walker is to commentate for BBC Radio Five Live from the European Grand Prix in Germany on July 22.

This will be Walker's first return to a UK commentary box since his retirement in 2001. Regular Five Live presenter Maurice Hamilton will be in the commentary box with Walker, with Holly Samos providing all the news from the pit lane, replacing David Croft whose baby is due that weekend.

Walker will also commentate on the qualifying session for the race on Saturday July 21, as well as hosting a special Formula One edition of the Five Live 606 phone-in, live from the Nüerburgring at 6pm that evening.

Commenting on new racing star Lewis Hamilton, who will feature in the race, Walker said: "I think that Lewis Hamilton will go on to be one of the greatest drivers of all time. There aren't enough superlatives for what he is doing race after race – it's extraordinary and unprecedented in the history of Formula One. I've been watching Formula One since it began and I have never seen anything like this in my life. I think it is more than feasible that he could win the championship this year, which would be incredible. I've only met him once so far but he is also a thoroughly nice chap."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

I love Murray Walker....great to have him back

I have to stop now cos I've got a lump in my throat
    - Damon Hill winning championship

Whayyhayyy.....they both go out!
    - Mansell & Senna crash

...and my favourite:

WHOAHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    - Riccardo Patrese send his Williams skywards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

What about: "And here comes Damon Hill in the Williams. This car is absolutely unique—except for the one following it, which is identical."

There's hundreds and they're all solid gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Are you sure you're not very much mistaken?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

No, "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong."

I'm cheating. See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_Walker#Famous_quotations

Further down:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_Walker#Famous_quotations

Advertisement