Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belkin Refunds

• 25-06-2007 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

I've always said Belkin products are "oversold" with IMO misleading claims on the packaging (An RJ11 phone cable is going to have no effect on dialup speed, nor changing a USB cable on USB speed).

A Belkin Wireless USB dongle with same appearance and model number could be anyone of 4 or 5 chipsets with different drivers. (Other manufactureres do this too)

37 Wireless products do not meet Belkin's claims:
    http://consumerist.com/consumer/class-actions/some-belkin-wireless-owners-may-be-entitled-to-full-refunds-271213.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Belkin are atrocious and a disgrace.

I remember buying a Belkin wireless USB adapter that somehow managed to be non 801.11b compatible... ??!! Or, selectively compatible. But this was before even .11g was out, so there should have been no compatibility issues.

Then there was the Belkin UPS that actually blew up...

Needless to say, I haven't bought any Belkin stuff since..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I aint no computer wizard and after finally getting broadband installed, i bought a belkin wireless adaptar .
    I spent hours, nights and evenings try to get the bloody thing to work, reinstall,uninstall, done everything

Kaisersoze on here told me to scrap it and buy myself a D-Link wireless adaptar, i brought the belkin back to pc world (they exchanged it no hassle ) , plugged in the d-link wireless and all up in running in seconds

Never again will i buy anything belkin,i have learned my lesson and yes what everyone says about their gear is true..more hassle than its worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

I bought a wireless adapter that fits into the pcmia(sp?) slot on my laptop,
    i get great reception, best of the other cards i've tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

To qualify to receive anything, you must have been a resident of the United States at the time you purchased the Covered Belkin Wireless Product, and you must have purchased the product from an entity that regularly sold such devices or items, during the period of October 13, 2002 until February 5, 2007.
    Why do I get the feeling that the card I purchased which is on the list (Although, they don't specify the exact versions - but it's about time this bit them in the ass and not the customer) in April was dumped over here from America? :)

I'd never have even considered buying an AP or router from them. I figured a wifi card would be OK. Wrong. Even after they have released drivers for the card to work with VISTA - it doesn't. Varying results from the varying drivers available. Their "technical support" is worse than I could have even imagined. I'm tempted to be a dick and post the transcript. It'd probably make others laugh.

I have bought a USB adaptor and PCMCIA card previously. The USB adaptor fell apart, but that's to be expected I guess. The PCMCIA card gets a decent signal. With the OS(Vista and Linux) support, and tech. support virtually non-existent and with the above issue behind the class action (This isn't the first time, IIRC) - it's finally the last Belkin product I'll purchase.

Advertisement