Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6230i MMC issue

• 25-06-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Can anyone help me here. I cannot delete a number of apparently corrupted files off the mmc card in my 6230i (it's the card that came with the phone).

The files cannot be viewed on the phone or in a card reader. If I try to delete them on the phone manually or format the card whilst the phone, I just get 'operation failed'.

I can delete them on my pc with the card reader - but if I go out of the mmc folder and go back in the files are back! If I try and reformat using windows it says 'windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try reformatting again'.

No windows are open and no programs are using the drive.

What's going on?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the cards faulty. get a new 1 gb card for €20 here: http://www.shop4memory.com/products/multimedia-card.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

the cards faulty. get a new 1 gb card for €20 here: http://www.shop4memory.com/products/multimedia-card.asp

You don't want to use a 1GB card in the 6230i as it only supports up to 512MB... It may well look like it works, but if you fill it to over 512MB you risk corrupting the contents and possibly losing information and/or files. 512MB ones should be ridiculously cheap by this stage - they were only €40 when I got my old 6230i when it came out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You don't want to use a 1GB card in the 6230i as it only supports up to 512MB... It may well look like it works, but if you fill it to over 512MB you risk corrupting the contents and possibly losing information and/or files. 512MB ones should be ridiculously cheap by this stage - they were only €40 when I got my old 6230i when it came out...
    €15 from the same site. i've had a 1GB card in a 6230 for years without issue. some cards aren't compatible though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Hmmm... I suppose it's probably down to the version of the software on the phone. The official line is that it can't use greater than 512, and I tested it (with admittedly early software) and it corrupted the card as it approached half full, needed reformatting to use it properly again...

Advertisement