Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap present ideas needed

Options
  • 25-06-2007 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

one of our mates ALWAYS brings us back the worst presents from her holidays! an example of one of the brutal presents was a mauve silk bag with a gold badge stuck on the side- hello she went to china and could have got us fake chanel purses for about €2?!! Along with the bag she also bought us fake cashmere scarves, in fairness they were lovely colours but come on, its june!!

Last year she brought us all back was a tshirt which said "Some one who loves me very much went to Hawaii and bought me this tshirt" She is away at the moment and has rang to inform me that she has robbed me a road sign as a present this year.

Dont get me wrong I understand its the thought that counts n all but this year me and the rest of the girls are off to Thailand and have decided to bring her back the most ridculous presents as a bit of a laugh. Wer gonna dedicate a full hungover day to finding the funniest things to get her. So far we have decided to buy her:

A salt and pepper shaker with thailand written on it
    A tea towel that says " someone who loves me very much went to Thailand and bought me this teatowel"
    A wooden picker upper thing (ye know the things old people use to pick up the tv remote)
    A plate clock with a map of Thailand on it
    Her name in a grain of rice on a necklace

thats all we can think of for now- perfect resents for a 22yr old girl dont ye think?! has any one any ideas? Whats the crappest present someone has bought you from holidays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

a map

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A t-shirt with Greece written on it.

Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=853

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

a tshirt which said "Some one who loves me very much went to Hawaii and bought me this tshirt"
    That's the sort of present a parent brings back to a small child, not a friend to a friend present. Maybe you should give her that T-shirt, tell her you came back via Hawaii.

I've gotten plenty of fridge magnets over the years. Also got a postcard, not posted but handed to me on their return. Nothing written on it either.

A thimble is another useless present, or one of those "collectible" spoons with the name of the place on it.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of naff, crap presents when you get out there anyway, it is Thailand after all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A pencil.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

A Bottle of Milk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Frame your airline seat stubs and add a byline - cheap, cheerful and very effective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

jor el wrote:
    A thimble is another useless present, or one of those "collectible" spoons with the name of the place on it..

Brilliant!!! Theyre both gettin bought. lmao :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Don't forget - she already thinks these are good presents so she'll probably like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silhouette

anything made of shells

• Advertisement
Advertisement