Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldest unfinished game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Spcae Invaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Zelda 2 on the nes. there are other NES games around that I never finished but that stands out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

tman wrote:
    ...Eternal Darkness..

Call yourself a gamer?! :mad: Get thee in front of a Gamecube/Wii and work your way through at least one colour.

That reminds me, I still have to finish E.D. on the very last colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Link to the past. That bird drove me nuts and I didn't have the special sword.

Really be surprised if noone says Shinobi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cake Fiend wrote:
    Call yourself a gamer?! :mad: Get thee in front of a Gamecube/Wii and work your way through at least one colour.

That reminds me, I still have to finish E.D. on the very last colour...
    Aye, I'm a little ashamed of that one... think I'd better stick a couple of batteries into my wavebird and get back into it tonight:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I always wanted to finish ultima underworld I (if you mean pc) - but right now I'll having a go at completing Starquake which I played soooo many times on the c64 but never finished or tried objectively to complete. That adventure is ongoing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Final Fantasy 8, I always get side-tracked with getting every single item, power, etc... so never got around to finshing it.

That was about 8 years ago, I'll finish it one of these days... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm surprised so many people haven't finished Eternal Darkness. I finished it in a week and I'm a pretty casual gamer. Great game though, completely sucked me into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Vegeta wrote:
    Flimbos quest C64

Never could finish that, got it with my C64, and the only cartridge I ever had for it. Great game though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

EL_Loco wrote:
    The last ninja on the C64, hard work I tells ya!

Get to the Dragon each time, how in the blue hell do you get past him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Old: Rad Gravity on the NES, f*ck that game.

New: Beyond Good and Evil (bought it from Adverts.ie and i keep putting it off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

pirates, on the C64, played every version on the pc as well, elite would be in there as well

Get to the Dragon each time, how in the blue hell do you get past him?

Was it the smoke bomb or claw? One of the two.... so long ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rhyme wrote:
    New: Beyond Good and Evil (bought it from Adverts.ie and i keep putting it off)

One game I would recommend playing through to the end. The finale is epic, and unfortunately wide open for the sequel that may never come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

After reading this topic I'm so happy to find people who share my pain over the motor bike level in T2 on the C64. I never beat that level and after remembering I want to go back and finish it once and for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Syndicate (the original one).

The last territory I had to capture was the Atlantic Accelerator, that one where every enemy seemed to have a minigun.

Eventually killed all bar one and still had two agents left, but the one bugger was walking in circles inside a building so I couldn't see what I was doing, and I lost them both.

Closest I ever came :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

Elite 2 : Frontier on my Amiga. But then again, who could finish it?

MOH wrote:
    Syndicate (the original one).

The last territory I had to capture was the Atlantic Accelerator, that one where every enemy seemed to have a minigun.

Eventually killed all bar one and still had two agents left, but the one bugger was walking in circles inside a building so I couldn't see what I was doing, and I lost them both.

Closest I ever came :(

Yes, that was insanely tough. I completed that after sooo many attempts - but I can't remember the ending whatsoever. Strangely I remember the date I completed that - 1st day off xmas college break - 22nd december 1995. Creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

Mario bros 3, never could get that finished. I just hated world 8. Last year myself and the girlfriend tried to finish it without using any warps, on an orignal NES. We were on world 8 for about four or five days, and eventually got fed up and turned off the console. No saving games back in the day on the NES:mad:.
    Only one i can remember which you could save a game on was Zelda 1, thats another one i never finished. Pity, was a cool game

I must take a leaf outa this guys book Mario 3 in 11 minutes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Narc by Midway (Arcade Version) I hated this game when I was younger but swore I'd beat it one day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭cianc1

Duke Nukem...one of the first games i ever played...never got round to finishing it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I remember years and years ago, Christmas morning I had gotten my shiney new playstation 1. It was brilliant. One of the games I got with it was this 2d scrolling game where the protagonist had some sort of electric wrist thing that could grab onto stuff and swing around on it and what not. I can't remember what it was called. Anyway, I was never able to beat the final boss, there was some puzzle I just wasn't getting...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I had this game for the Sega mega drive that I never completed and it did indeed annoy me for a very long time but I forgot about it until I read tis thread , the game not many people would of heard of it was called greendog details can be found here . Now what happened to me was that I would get to the very last boss and always die and again no saved data that time :(

Makes me sad when I think about it, it’s the only game that I have never completed oh and also football manager ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ghostbusters on the Megadrive, went through all of the houses but stopped at that, must dig it out again and have another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Zelda orcarina of time(saw trhe ending though) and G.T.A san andreas .I got bored with san andreas when you had to go to the desert bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

hamster wrote:
    Yes, that was insanely tough. I completed that after sooo many attempts - but I can't remember the ending whatsoever.
    Probably because there was no ending whatsoever. IIRC it just dropped you back to the map screen with nothing but your own sense of achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Gran Turismo 3.

Bought it with my 1st PS2 and still haven't gotten close to finishing it.

Still play it from time to time, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I recently had another go at Trauma Centre (for the DS). Still can't get past the one where you have to do a load of patients in row.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Brow wrote:
    After reading this topic I'm so happy to find people who share my pain over the motor bike level in T2 on the C64. I never beat that level and after remembering I want to go back and finish it once and for all!
    Jaysus I remember that level alright. Its a pain in the hole. If you keep at it though, you'll realise that its just the same sequence of obsticles coming in your way (I think it repeats twice).

In fairness to it, it was a class game - way ahead of its time. The bike level was a pain alright but that doesn't make it bad. There were very interesting levels like trying to sort out puzzles as well (
    fixing the wiring in the right hand and fixing the face
    ).

EDIT: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/482514/terminator_2_on_the_commodore_64/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Zillah wrote:
    One of the games I got with it was this 2d scrolling game where the protagonist had some sort of electric wrist thing that could grab onto stuff and swing around on it and what not. I can't remember what it was called. Anyway, I was never able to beat the final boss, there was some puzzle I just wasn't getting...

Bionic Commando ? Loved it on the C64.

Advertisement