Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing heater control bulbs

Options
  • 25-06-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

I have a 95 corolla and the lights behind the heater controls havent worked since I bought it. does anyone know how to replace the bulb(s)? I know I may need to take some of the dash apart. but How do I go about this.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Ge yerself a Haynes manual, shows the entire care in great detail, and will have images of how to remove things like the dash.

Or you could just have a go and see what looks like it comes off first, try the sides an look for hidden screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I was replacing the bulbs for the speedo dials etc at the weekend. (done that successfully) so I attempted the central part of dash but with no luck. found a few screws but the part I wanted to get off wouldnt budge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

This is not so easy (depending on car) as say changing dashboard lights which are just regular bulbs that you can just pull out and push new ones in.

The ones behind the heater are normally tiny and not meant for u to be able to change as they are soldered to the circuit. I know thats the case with the 323f's ..not sure about your car though

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Got the dash out. very easy in the end, just pulled it out, no screws holdng it at all. ANyway the bulb is tiny but its easy to change, it just clips out.

Advertisement