Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personally Abusive Demonic Panties

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote:
    Throw insults all you like.

An interesting philosophy for someone who reports the merest hint of a slight against them.

In any case, I wasn't insulting you, just distancing you from me.

Although now I have your permission, I guess you can't really report posts where I insult you if I feel so inclined.
    So this is your sad attempt to make it about you. Seriously, take it to PI.
    Yes, in using that example of sarcasm and humour as serious complaint you haven't made yourself look like spanner at all, honest.

Really 6th. Try reading your posts aloud before hitting submit. If they sound stupid to you, they most definitely will to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

6th wrote:
    I reported it because I found it abusive.

Ah, you poor thing.

I think you're too delicate to be using d'internet, to be honest.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stevenmu wrote:
    SimpleSam when I read over your post, and the thread, it seemed to me like you were getting personal to try and provoke a row. I thought the explanation you gave then was just trying to weasle out of it. Reading back over it again now though, I'm beginning to think maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusion on that and I can see how it could have been meant in a friendly banter type way. I'll look over it again and let you know.
    I think that is quite fair, I would think you made an honest mistake when reading his post. It doesn't seem abusive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well I'd like to think I'm always big enough to admit when I'm wrong, and to learn from my mistakes, and in this case I think I have been. Sorry SimpleSam, I'd interpreted your post as being personal and trying to provoke a row, but I can see now that it wasn't. My humblest apologies. The ban of course has been been lifted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fair play Mr. Mu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Fair play indeed, good call stevenmu

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

stevenmu wrote:
    Well I'd like to think I'm always big enough to admit when I'm wrong, and to learn from my mistakes, and in this case I think I have been. Sorry SimpleSam, I'd interpreted your post as being personal and trying to provoke a row, but I can see now that it wasn't. My humblest apologies. The ban of course has been been lifted.
    Thanks stevenmu, no need to apologise at all, I really appreciate you taking the time to look over it. No offence was intended to anyone, not looking to stir anything, I think its fairly safe to say my tongue has been firmly planted in my cheek throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

ya know, i think we all learned somthing here today..............

(nice to see a feedback thread with a happy ending for once)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... fair play Steve.

The system works...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

psi wrote:
    Mine is a threat. A threat of direct action based on your behavior in the forum, which believe me, I am monitoring carefully. I was curious as to what you were threathening because I can see no way you personally could make things unpretty for me, barring threathening me directly. any action I take, I will be able to back to admins, I alwasy do.

But thats not really your concern. I'm glad you weren't threathening physical violence, it would be an awful slur on your reputation.

You know absolutely nothing about it, but nice allusion there 6th. Report posts abuse is enough to ban you. I never said I'd do anything based on what you do here, thats not the case at all, of course this is your usual little attempted sympathy/victimisation ploy and quite frankly, why you imo don't deserve to ever be a mod.

I've no idea what you're capable of to be honest. I would feel myself ill placed to judge how irrational or rational you can be given the evidence I've seen.

Pretty bitchy post...are you guys flirting with each other?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yeah guys, get a room, or the Thunderdome, or something. Pretty unnecessary personal feelings being aired here.

Hey Si brought it to me. I must make it clear that I have no sexual or romantic interest in him whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

nice one Steve, at the time personal insult or freindly banter is still up in the air TBH, I wouldn't cut myself up about it being a complete error if I was you, spin and hindsight have been used well here IMHO. Good to see it's all sorted anyway.

Hopefully this feed back wont spawn another Sticky in the paranormal forum though!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

handbag.jpg

I like that bag!

Good game, s.mu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Ok so the mod made a mistake and the poster has said they're ok with that...seems to me there's a common theme here - that the paranormal forum gets dragged through the mud all the time

Sorta sad & stupid really don't you think:eek:

I dont see anything being drag through the mud let alone a common theme.

Anyway like you say it has been resolved so I don't see any reason for this thread to remain open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I think 6th, that you have a noticable habit of creating alot of feedback trouble for a forum you supposedly hold so dear, both in terms of negative/pointless feedback threads and negative/inflammatory posts on existing threads. Paranormal is kinda viewed as a poisoned chalice among the mods and admins of boards.ie, when really it should be an obscure enough forum. Alot of that, imo, is down to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

6th wrote:
    I dont see anything being drag through the mud let alone a common theme.

Anyway like you say it has been resolved so I don't see any reason for this thread to remain open?

Well I see that in recent times there's been 2 examples of a poster going to feedback from the forum, 2 examples of the 'why am I banned' variety, 2 long threads in debate of the ban and 2 examples of a thread of ' it's harsh, not it isn't, yes it is etc etc' As PSI correctly points out, it must make others think that the forum is a poisoned chalice.

So a) more than once makes it common and b) the forum doesn't look like as nice place on the back of it

Just my opinion - I am allowed to state that I believe.

Ladybird

Do all those 2's add up to 8 or are we talking about the same couple of threads in different ways? There's probably been a dozen threads in here at most in the last 2 years.

It gets alot of trolly/spammy visitors and so a fair fews bans, even with that its not so much trouble. I'm in the forum probably more than anyone else and I do see too much trouble? In fact its one of the more social forums with very regular meets in the past.

Its a great forum and alot of people love it.

• Advertisement

more than once makes it common

Of course we are all entitled to our opinion but the above statement is a bit silly.

6th wrote:
    It gets alot of trolly/spammy visitors and so a fair fews bans.
    Yep... even the thread in question here appears to have been started by a fairly trolly user who has been previously sitebanned.

6th wrote:
    Its a great forum and alot of people love it.
    Nobody said that it isn't a great forum, and yes, you're right, it is. And I know that LadyBird feels the same way.

The fact is though that for the size of the forum, it does lead to a disproportionatly large amount of melodrama on the feedback forum. Enough that I'd certainly call it common anyway. I don't know how many there's actually been, but it's far too many, and this is just one more example. What could have been a simple thread about a user with a query on a ban, a few people weighing in with opinions on the ban, me looking at it, deciding I was mistaken and everybody leaving happy, with maybe a few cat pictures here and there, has turned into, well, this. It can't reflect very well on the forum.

I think the thread was fine until a paranormal moderator blundered in and started issuing threats...

That's when everything started getting dragged through the mud.

I agree it should have been a simple thread, its very easy to spot which post/poster caused all the drama.

Paranormal is not a small forum and it hasn't had many feedback threads imo.

I think Psi had a vaild point. I'm confused too about why 6th would report a post as personal abuse, then own up to reporting it here and claim that it didn't deserve a ban. I can see why 6th might have reported the post in the first place, but what is puzzling is that for as long as I can remember any personal abuse on the paranormal forum has always merited an instant ban, any exceptions to this rule have been well, exceptions rather than the rule. I can't see why 6th would report something as personal abuse and not expect a ban.

stevenmu wrote:
    Nobody said that it isn't a great forum
    Oh sorry, It's not a great forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Oh sorry, It's not a great forum.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

psi wrote:
    I think 6th, that you have a noticable habit of creating alot of feedback trouble for a forum you supposedly hold so dear, both in terms of negative/pointless feedback threads and negative/inflammatory posts on existing threads. Paranormal is kinda viewed as a poisoned chalice among the mods and admins of boards.ie, when really it should be an obscure enough forum. Alot of that, imo, is down to you.
    Inflammatory
    Well IMO Psi you should come with a similar warning on your bottle as the one you have branded 6th with.

6th may have an edge to him I agree, but so do most people and you IMHO are as much to blame as anyone else for feedback threads getting out of hand.
    The fact is that it is obvious that 6th does care a lot about the forum, during the last feedback session there was a lot of effort made to discredit his contributions, and this is being worked in here again. Once again 6th was told that he would not be a good mod in your opinion, this seems to be an ongoing issue, that is above both your heads. 6th is the most helpful person on that forum IMO regardless of what picture is painted of the man. This statement alone shows that there is a difference of opinion. I have stated in the past that there was a great job done in cleaning up the paranormal forum by the mods, however over time I have been shown a different side of things recently (WRT Psi)

OK so the ban may have been OTT, just as much as the reporting the post may have been OTT, it was heat of the moment stuff, and since then SimpleSam06 has produced additional information about the nature of his comments that have made everyone think differently, like I said before hindsight is a great thing.
    6th now thinks the ban was harsh, but at the time he didn’t, he read the OP comments in his own way and reported him, based on how he felt about them.
    Stevenmu also read the comments in his own way and banned the OP.
    It seems to me that a similar mistake was made by both people (if as I said to stevenmu before, a mistake was made at all)

But Psi to issue a threat to someone and reacting to more or less the same threat the way you did is really OTT IMO and this is exactly the actions that drag the paranormal forum down the road you say you don’t want it to go. The “things won't be pretty” comment was offered by you, later you clarified that you meant that you would ban 6th as you are a Mod, but only afterwards, but when he used your words there was a different spin placed on them by you, “I don’t know what you are capable of” “threats of physical violence are a serious matter” you typed all that in response to your own threat fired back at you.
    It would be different if you put some parameters on your original threat and 6th’s threat was open, but that was not the case, you both used the same open threat, you just twisted 6th’s and flung in “physical violence” for good measure in some strange cloaked attempt to rubbish the man, plant the seed etc.

Anyway, from what I can gather from how things will work is, IMO I will be banned from the paranormal forum at some stage for these comments, but indirectly. Something I say will be twisted into an offence worthy of a ban, or a commonly accepted action that has been carried out by others will be taken by me and I’ll feel the hammer of revenge!! It would be a pity as I like the forum a lot. But if anyone is bothered to read between the lines they’ll see something of what I am trying to get at.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I agree with all stoner has said above. I dont like seeing this personal disagreement brought up again and again. And while mostly fair, this time I think PSI has overreacted due to personal feelings.

Ok so paranormal is seen as a poisoned chalice. Id say its more to do with the behaviour of trolls and the sensitivity of the subject matter more than any contribution 6th, or any member, does or doesnt make. His exuberance throughout boards may irritate mods, but he hasnt put a foot wrong in paranormal since his banning a few weeks ago, if anything hes been decidedly understated. His reporting of the post in this thread was following procedure, no? For him to confess that here, seemed to be because he rethought his reaction, as steve did when he retracted the ban. Isnt that how the system is supposed to work?

(If Im marked as a troublemaker in paranormal at some future date, cest la vie, I might get some work done then. :rolleyes: )

Advertisement