Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personally Abusive Demonic Panties

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Stoner wrote:
    Inflammatory
    Well IMO Psi you should come with a similar warning on your bottle as the one you have branded 6th with.

6th may have an edge to him I agree, but so do most people and you IMHO are as much to blame as anyone else for feedback threads getting out of hand.
    The fact is that it is obvious that 6th does care a lot about the forum, during the last feedback session there was a lot of effort made to discredit his contributions, and this is being worked in here again. Once again 6th was told that he would not be a good mod in your opinion, this seems to be an ongoing issue, that is above both your heads. 6th is the most helpful person on that forum IMO regardless of what picture is painted of the man. This statement alone shows that there is a difference of opinion. I have stated in the past that there was a great job done in cleaning up the paranormal forum by the mods, however over time I have been shown a different side of things recently (WRT Psi)

OK so the ban may have been OTT, just as much as the reporting the post may have been OTT, it was heat of the moment stuff, and since then SimpleSam06 has produced additional information about the nature of his comments that have made everyone think differently, like I said before hindsight is a great thing.
    6th now thinks the ban was harsh, but at the time he didn’t, he read the OP comments in his own way and reported him, based on how he felt about them.
    Stevenmu also read the comments in his own way and banned the OP.
    It seems to me that a similar mistake was made by both people (if as I said to stevenmu before, a mistake was made at all)

But Psi to issue a threat to someone and reacting to more or less the same threat the way you did is really OTT IMO and this is exactly the actions that drag the paranormal forum down the road you say you don’t want it to go. The “things won't be pretty” comment was offered by you, later you clarified that you meant that you would ban 6th as you are a Mod, but only afterwards, but when he used your words there was a different spin placed on them by you, “I don’t know what you are capable of” “threats of physical violence are a serious matter” you typed all that in response to your own threat fired back at you.
    It would be different if you put some parameters on your original threat and 6th’s threat was open, but that was not the case, you both used the same open threat, you just twisted 6th’s and flung in “physical violence” for good measure in some strange cloaked attempt to rubbish the man, plant the seed etc.

Anyway, from what I can gather from how things will work is, IMO I will be banned from the paranormal forum at some stage for these comments, but indirectly. Something I say will be twisted into an offence worthy of a ban, or a commonly accepted action that has been carried out by others will be taken by me and I’ll feel the hammer of revenge!! It would be a pity as I like the forum a lot. But if anyone is bothered to read between the lines they’ll see something of what I am trying to get at.

Well said that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

6th felt that the post he reported wasn't appropriate, and he didn't know the poster, so didn't feel inclined to PM them. I think that's fair enough. There seem to be more than enough reported posts that aren't acted on to make me believe that it's ok to report a post that you are not 100% sure about, rather than only reporting posts you think should result in a ban.
    6th wrote:
    Reporting posts is anonymous so I would not even be a factor here had I not chosen to step forward.

It won't say on the thread that you reported a post, but any mod can see who reported a post in any forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Stoner wrote:
    But Psi to issue a threat to someone and reacting to more or less the same threat the way you did is really OTT IMO and this is exactly the actions that drag the paranormal forum down the road you say you don’t want it to go.
    The way I see it is that Psi's "threat" was a moderator commenting on a possible issues of rules and the actions which, as a moderator, Psi may take if they were to be broken. Rather than respond to the issue raised 6th chose to make a threat in return to Psi. As 6th isn't a moderator, or in any position of enforcing rules on this site, I can see why Psi would be concerned about what actions he was threatening.

Even moreso, I find the fact that rather than address the issue, 6th's initial response was a threat to the effect that if Psi dared to ban him the consequences would 'not be pretty'. This is nothing more than an attempt to harass and bully a moderator.

It's entirely acceptable and expected for a moderator to warn someone that if they were to break rules they would be sanctioned accordingly. IMO it is not acceptable, and totally abhorrent, for someone to threaten that moderator that if there are sanctions then that person will retaliate. In particular when that person is also not a moderator and therefore the actions they threaten must involve something other than banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

stevenmu wrote:
    The way I see it is that Psi's "threat" was a moderator commenting on a possible issues of rules and the actions which, as a moderator, Psi may take if they were to be broken. Rather than respond to the issue raised 6th chose to make a threat in return to Psi. As 6th isn't a moderator, or in any position of enforcing rules on this site, I can see why Psi would be concerned about what actions he was threatening.

Even moreso, I find the fact that rather than address the issue, 6th's initial response was a threat to the effect that if Psi dared to ban him the consequences would 'not be pretty'. This is nothing more than an attempt to harass and bully a moderator.

It's entirely acceptable and expected for a moderator to warn someone that if they were to break rules they would be sanctioned accordingly. IMO it is not acceptable, and totally abhorrent, for someone to threaten that moderator that if there are sanctions then that person will retaliate. In particular when that person is also not a moderator and therefore the actions they threaten must involve something other than banning.

Thats a nice spin you are putting on it but I think its obvious to anyone who reads this how it went.

Using language like "if Psi dared to ban him" is not language I used but its backing up what Stoner said about people trying to paint a particular picture of me.

I reported a post I found abusive towards me, reporting a post does not mean an automatic ban for the person who make the remakes - thats the mod decissions.

In this case I reported a post, expecting either nothing to happen or a warning to be issued. The choice was down to the mods.

You, stevenmu, banned SimpleSam on the same initial raction I made when I reported the post. Yet I get threatened by Psi with a ban for abusing the report post fuction?

To be honest I am not arsed about this. This thread would have had nothing to do with me if it wasn't for Psi jusmping in to throw his weight around.

If Psi thinks I was threatening him then he can take it to the Admins.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

6th wrote:
    If you deem that I am abusing the report post function then you better be able to back it up or things won't be pretty as you say
    stevenmu wrote:
    ...something other than banning.
    For goodness sake. What else can any regular user here threaten except making a big noise with admins? You expected 6th to fly to the states and knock on psi's door?

psi wrote:
    What are you claiming you're going to do to me? Unless you clarify, I'm going to have to take that as a direct threat against me - I don't see what else you personally could do to make things as described. If so, I may just have to seek higher council, threats of physical violence are a serious matter.
    Psi brought up physical violence. Which is just plain silly, given the logistics of actually doing it, even if 6th was a nutjob.

Im not trying to make this into the 6th fan club, but this whole threat thing just so silly, based on a flaming row between two posters who have a history of acrimony.

• Advertisement

I don't think these guys will be happy until I am banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

The recent entries, I believe prove my point re the forum being dragged through the mud, to my mind awful stuff.

6th wrote:
    I'm in the forum probably more than anyone else and I do see too much trouble?
    Its a great forum and alot of people love it.

We agree so

Typo ... and I think you know it.

The forum isn't being dragged through the mud, I am.

6th wrote:

The forum isn't being dragged through the mud, I am.

I think actually it's both and the latter is not by me, hopefully it will work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

stevenmu wrote:

Stevenmu, IMO it was the same threat or "threat" regardless of how it is painted, same words, same thing, there is a lot more scope in and a difference between "it won't be pretty" and "if i see you doing that I'll ban you"

The last thread that discussed "6th the bully" was closed by admin, hopefully another will step in and take us out of this agony, there is far too much old BS being brought in here from the past.

We all know that 6th isn't a mod, I'm thinking of putting that in my sig, we all should so that he gets to see it every day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Man, harsh ban but it's from paranormal, you should be able to know what they are posting or not care about what they are posting.

Yeah, Tar is right. If there was anything in it you'd have seen it coming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Gah!!!!!!!!!!
    Does anyone here understand irony or sarcasm?

I didn't think for a second that 6th was physically threathening me, I was merely highlighting how stupid his attempted threat was.

Jebus people. FFS.

I have no personal or emotive opinion of 6th other than a classification from a moderators point of view (which I do with most posters in forums I mod) and that has changed quite alot in thelast year. Any other opinion is based on the fact that I avoid reading his posts (that don't relate to the forums I mod) like the plague because, quite frankly, they don't interest me.

I don't really care what issues have occured between forum users or forum users and other mods. Thats their personal stuff and nothing to do with me.
    There are maybe 5-6 posters on boards.ie that I have any sort of personal opinion about and none of them have posted here.

I will however mod a forum as I see fit until directed otherwise by an admin (whose opinions I seek on modding quite regularly). If that means telling a user I'm keeping an eye out for a pattern of behavior that will get them banned, then imo better to inform the user and give them a chance to change any bannable activities than hot them out of the blue.

Some people think this is confrontational, I think it's fair warning. Often you're damned if you do or damned if you don't.

PS. Anyone who actually took the time to discuss the merits of the"threats" or my emotional state regarding a poster...seriously, go smack yourself on the head for being a total retard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look just give it up psi we all know how much you lust after 6th and how you fled to work in the usa to try and put some distance between you; he is a married man after all.

psi wrote:
    I didn't think for a second that 6th was physically threathening me

Well thats not how it looks, in fact you were very clear.
    psi wrote:
    Please clarify what you're threathening me with.

If I find think you are, I'll ban you. Straight out.

What are you claiming you're going to do to me? Unless you clarify, I'm going to have to take that as a direct threat against me - I don't see what else you personally could do to make things as described. If so, I may just have to seek higher council, threats of physical violence are a serious matter.

Then you say that anyone that took that seriously is a retard?

Coming into a thread that isn't about me and threatening to ban me? Yeah, you clearly have no problem with me ;)

6th wrote:
    Well thats not how it looks, in fact you were very clear.

I also said that your posts make baby jesus cry, and it looks like I meant that, but I'm pretty sure that baby Jesus has long forsaken you, or perhaps died of boredom reading your posts.

Oh my god, it was you who killed our Lord. And then you blamed the Jews.

Bastard!

Then you say that anyone that took that seriously is a retard?
    Apparently so. (well done on English comprehension by the way).
    Coming into a thread that isn't about me and threatening to ban me? Yeah, you clearly have no problem with me ;)

If I had a problem with everyone I banned, warned or threathened to ban, I'd need more than the littleblack book I had.

Honestly, get over yourself.

Thaed on the other hand I hate. I made voodoo doll of her out of cat hair and rather than using pins, I'm stabbing it with the crudely fashioned penis on your voodoo doll.

Take that Thaed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Psi, seriously, you're supposed to be a Mod. Disengage, and let it blow over. You're worse to be arguing.

whose arguing? Anyway, I'm just a user in these parts.

I think you need to check that hair in that doll psi, really I think it may have some of yore ma's from her visit to you
    and really what ever your issues are with her there is no need to be confusing the poor lady by using 6th's engery to make her orgasm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

this thread is stll going? Will somebidy please think of the CATS

I preferred your first response:
    Thaedydal wrote:
    /me orgasms

Oh again psi, again!

Wrong hair colour for my mother.

psi wrote:
    I preferred your first response

You would for there can not be hate with out passion and tis a fine line between hate and lust.

/me blows a kiss at psi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Thaedydal wrote:
    tis a fine line between hate and lust.

No its not. If you actually think about it they are quiet opposite.

Thaedydal wrote:
    You would for there can not be hate with out passion and tis a fine line between hate and lust.

/me blows a kiss at psi

I assumed you meant you wanted to be voodoo'd by 6th, nothing to do with me....

Are you trying to say 6th compelled you to create the two voodoo dolls ?

Ok Psi, whatever your problem is with me and how I post on the Paranormal Forum just let it drop - I haven't actually done anything you could say is wrong in a good while and your attack came from nowhere.

There have been other users of the forum who have voiced their opinion in this thread who think that speaking out against the mods will increase the chances of them being victimised in the future. That really isn't the type of relationship that should exist between responsible posters and mods.

I have no interest in carrying on with this in its current style.

Thaedydal wrote:
    Are you trying to say 6th compelled you to create the two voodoo dolls ?
    No, I just keep them handy for certain posters... the two in question just look so snug together...
    6th wrote:
    Ok Psi, whatever your problem is with me and how I post on the Paranormal Forum just let it drop - I haven't actually done anything you could say is wrong in a good while and your attack came from nowhere.

There have been other users of the forum who have voiced their opinion in this thread who think that speaking out against the mods will increase the chances of them being victimised in the future. That really isn't the type of relationship that should exist between responsible posters and mods.

I have no interest in carrying on with this in its current style.

Feedback is a two way process, if you only want to acknowledge one way, then your posting here is largely a waste of time.

That doesn't even address what I said but sure I'm bored now.

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    That doesn't even address what I said but sure I'm bored now.
    I rest my case.

If I make a comment here about how you or another poster behaves or is perceived to behave, it's feedback, often in response to your actions within the forum, but feedback none the less.

Just because you perceive it as victimisation, doesn't mean it's true, thats just you refusing to accept the feedback you are getting.

I wasn't aware the forum was here for your amusement.

Advertisement