Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser.

Options
  • 25-06-2007 12:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, any suggestions for a good hairdresser in Galway. In all my time here so far my haircuts ahve been pretty crap. :)
    Where do you go and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

that place for men in the bottom floor of the eyre sq shopping centre with the glass front, across from the little stand that sells the phone covers 'n' stuff!

why you ask?

cos they are the only people that dont fcuk up my hair everytime, cost is 15e is think(worth the extra couple of quid)

youst to go to abbey barbers but they moved to one of the estates and can't be bothered walking out to it., nice chap though......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Tom Nally.
    Used to go to Abbey barbers but almost every time I went in to them they'd moved premesis.

[edit]Same as yourself Freeman[/edit]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cool, will give them a go, or the place that is looking for models, and get the cheap bad cut. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get a perm.

And a pimp-cane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Man, I wish I had gotten a pimp cane for my 21st there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Cool, will give them a go, or the place that is looking for models, and get the cheap bad cut. :)
    actually tony and guy do a cut for a tenner where the guys/students that do the 3 year course for 'the cutting of the hiar' within the establishement!, a mate of mine did that(on a thursday evening in think) could be worth a look;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hair trimmer 25 euros, set for life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Kozzy's on Lower Abbeygate St >_>

I'll not be fooled twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

biko wrote:
    Hair trimmer 25 euros, set for life ;)

got one a few months ago, & it has paid for itself :D

However Fat Tony's in Liosbaun is Very good, loads of chairs so there is hardly any wait & if there is a bit of a wait he normally has skysports on tv.

Spanning more than 2,000sq ft, Fat Tony's provides the total male grooming experience from haircuts to shaves, to facials and massages, in a comfortable male only environment. This year John set up 'Groom' private treatment rooms where skin care, massage, and facials can be carried out in comfort. This complements the barber shop which has 11 highly experienced barbers providing up to the minute styles, hot towel shaves, and the finest hair products.

p.s. I know the owner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

MEN don't go to hairdressers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

who puts a dress on hair? So silly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

if ya wanna go to a proper local barbers...go down to hourican's lower abbeygate st. it's opposite that tart company place, in the old cathedral building. go in there, three lads, token lass, get all the local gossip, read the s-h-tar...real galway barbershop!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ya the one in Eyre Square is really good and opened till 7 on Thursdays too which is handy after work.

p.s. I know the owner
    how fat is he?

if ya wanna go to a proper local barbers...go down to hourican's lower abbeygate st. it's opposite that tart company place, in the old cathedral building. go in there, three lads, token lass, get all the local gossip, read the s-h-tar...real galway barbershop!
    One Step Ahead its called, the dude who runs it used to live beside me.. nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Healys on High St; the girl in the second chair fom the window is very good. Pity her boss always seems to be so grouchy; not like his father.

Advertisement