Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

backpacking on a fringe

• 25-06-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

okay this is usually not my biggest worry but here goes. I'm going travelling in september for a year and usually i just leave anything beauty related at home bar a bit of mascara. But i took it into my head a month or two ago to get a fringe and it goes absolutely nuts after i wash it so i've been straightening it every day after i shower and leave the rest of it to do what it pleases.

Problem is,...i really don't want to lug a straightners with me,...at least not a normal size one and i cant find a good mini one. Anyone have any good fringe suggestions?? or at least where i can get a mini hair straightners?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

Marks & Spencers sell mini hair-straighteners...they're SERIOUSLY dinky. Another option is (and I know this sounds crazy) putting it in a roller. They take up hardly any space. I put my fringe in a roller, and it works fine. I don't know if it'll work for you, though...it depends on your hair. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

a roller? hmm not sure i'l give it a try though. on my way to m&s first thing in the mornin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I'm usually very low maintenance myself with my hair, but I also took the notion to get a fringe... My saviour is hair bands when I dont have my straightners, you can get plain skinny ones in pennys for €1.50 for 3 (red, black and white), i've bought loads and they are v.handy for my fringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ghd do a mini version but its expensive

missouthside, your a little ledgend. Just back from m&s with my teeny teeny teeny hairstraighteners....and its the biz. Well actually i wouldn't reccomend it to a serious hair junkie but for me it'll be perfect...i'l trust it on my fringe and it will take no space in my backpack!!!!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Must check out the M&S one! I also saw them in the great outdoors so you mustn't be the only one wanting to bring one with you!!!

the great outdoors?? hmm,...i wish i'd checked that one out earlier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

Glad to help. :)

Advertisement