Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whys . . .

Options
  • 25-06-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

1. Why can one not subscribe to some forums ?
    Computers & Technology does not allow it, for some reason . . .

2. Why are people who want to reply to a thread asked to login again after they are already logged in ?

3. Why are threads replied to not included in the results to a search on someone's user name ? (At the moment all one gets are threads that user started.)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tak wrote:
    1. Why can one not subscribe to some forums ?
    Computers & Technology does not allow it, for some reason . . .
    I'm able to no problem. What exactly does it say/not say when you try to subscribe to it?
    tak wrote:
    2. Why are people who want to reply to a thread asked to login again after they are already logged in ?
    Did you tick the 'remember me' box? It'll remember you if you do.
    tak wrote:
    3. Why are threads replied to not included in the results to a search on someone's user name ? (At the moment all one gets are threads that user started.)
    That was disabled as it was causing performance problems. The good news is that since there have been various performance related upgrades/improvements, it should be back soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

When I go to Computers & Tech forum and click on Forum Tools there are no options shown to click on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tak wrote:
    When I go to Computers & Tech forum and click on Forum Tools there are no options shown to click on.
    Ah right. I'm guessing you are using Firefox as it's a problem that only crops up there.

Anyway, if you right click the forum tools and open it in a new tab it'll work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

You've nailed it, Blowfish.

Thanks.

Advertisement