Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekned in Kilkenny

• 25-06-2007 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few mates are coming down for a weekend in Kilkenny towards the end of July.

Just wondering what are the best pubs/clubs in Kilkenny?

Also anywhere to park a car for a couple of days (free of charge if possible)?

And whats the story with the early closing? Does it extend to nightclubs? Personally I wouldn't mind pubs closing at 1.30 but for nightclubs it's very feckin early.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

kevmy wrote:
    Myself and a few mates are coming down for a weekend in Kilkenny towards the end of July.

Just wondering what are the best pubs/clubs in Kilkenny?

Also anywhere to park a car for a couple of days (free of charge if possible)?

And whats the story with the early closing? Does it extend to nightclubs? Personally I wouldn't mind pubs closing at 1.30 but for nightclubs it's very feckin early.

Hiya,
    Best Pubs? Where do i start.... Pumphouse,Morrisons,Playright,Ryans,Paris Texas to name but a few. try to avoid john st, but if you do wander over... Boston Bar,Biddys,Langtons,Egans.

Car Park Free? Um... Maybe outside the garda barracks:p is good a place as any.

Pubs close @ 12.30am (some have late licence) Nightclubs 1.30am Strictly.

Clubs, Langtons (Q Early) The Venue, Nero's.

Enjoy!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Night clubs 1.30?!?!?!?! Since when!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Lump wrote:
    Night clubs 1.30?!?!?!?! Since when!?

Couple of weeks ago, people taught it was just for the cat laughs weekend:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Its supposed to be to discourage rowdy hen and stag parties apparently.

Kilkennys great craic, besides the ones mentioned, Biddy earlys for cocktails, matt the miller, faoileans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What a crock of ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

If you're around this weekend we're sticking on a gig in Zoo, Pearl Jam night

I love Kilkenny, crew of us head down from Laois regularly to play gigs in Andrew Ryan's, savage bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 lissy

What is the situation re Hens. Were coming down for a hen party in a couple of weeks. Are they strict about being dressed up or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No. There's loads of hen parties here every weekend (unfortunately ;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Free parking in dunnes after 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tombillyjack

Great session in Kytlers Inn Beer garden every sat from 6 - 9 Ballads/folk up to modern day followed by DJ til close

• Advertisement
Advertisement