Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulin Pump Treatment of Diabeties

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

I've been on one for 4 years. I decided a few weeks ago that I fancied a break from it (I wanted to try sleeping without the bloody thing attached for a start!) and I have to say it really is the way to go for me. I'll be hooking myself back up at the weekend fully decided that it really is the way to go. The benefits for me are:

* 1 site change every 3 days beats the hell out of 4-6 injections on MDI
    * Being able to make small, accurate corrections depending on how my day is going based on both food and exercise

The major problem for me is dealing with people asking why I still carry a pager ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ElBarco wrote: »
    I've been on one for 4 years. I decided a few weeks ago that I fancied a break from it (I wanted to try sleeping without the bloody thing attached for a start!) and I have to say it really is the way to go for me. I'll be hooking myself back up at the weekend fully decided that it really is the way to go. The benefits for me are:

* 1 site change every 3 days beats the hell out of 4-6 injections on MDI
    * Being able to make small, accurate corrections depending on how my day is going based on both food and exercise

The major problem for me is dealing with people asking why I still carry a pager ;)

I've been on mine for 2 years, haven't "taken a break" from it yet, i dont think i will tbh, i had 9 years of injections, dont fancy going back to 3+ injections a day to once every 3/4.
    I actually dont mind dealing with the pump at night, and to most people the pump looks like an mp3 player, albeit a chunky one, the infusion set tubing are just the headphones:p.
    I love the freedom and the ability to make slight corrections throughout the day.

Advertisement