Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift advice - help me out ladies

• 25-06-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right do, tis the other half's birthday this week, and as part of the present, I'd like to get her a gift voucher for a decent pampering / beautifying session somewhere.

What would you recommend? Hair Salon? Spa?

and where would you recommend? :)

I'm a typical cave-dweller male. Female grooming is completely foreign to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

DON'T get one for the hairdresser! It's insulting...like saying "your hair is terrible!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually for the last couple of days she's been giving out about her hair, saying she'd like X and Y done to it, so that's why I was thinking about it :)

I may have to explain my reasoning though to avoid upsetting her :D

No, I really think it's best to avoid the hairdresser! The best route is one of those All41 vochs... I THINK they're called all41 anyway. She can use to go to the hairdresser OR the spa, etc., because they're loads different services.

Yeah, the One4All card is a nice idea, but it doesn't seem thoughtful enough. It seems more like, "I couldn't think of what to get you, so here's €200 to spend in any shop that'll take this card".

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hmm, yeah. Well, you could always get her a 14all card for, say, €100, and then give her a hamper as well. If she's going on about her hair, you could get her an Aveda hamper of hair products...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

have heard really good things about akina in temple bar
    http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=2599

here are some beauty salons that ppl have rated toohttp://beaut.ie/blog/?p=2450

hope it helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Top gifts .ie have spa weekends....u could just make a trip of it with her......

very romantic and u can swin and sauna while she gets all her treatments.....

just an idea but one id be very impressed with if my BF gave me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Bring her to the Osprey. One of my friends went their for her birthday and said it was fantastic.

http://www.osprey.ie/

Ladies (and any men who may have posted!) you're geniuses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

totally disagree with the other posters.
    if she was complaining about her hair, get her a voucher to get it done. i know i'd appreciate that a) my man was listening while i moaned about girly stuff and b) i wouldn't have to pay for an expensive hairdo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i love the buff day spa. Its just above the gaiety, really central and is absolutely fab!!!!! they do a huge range of treatments...and if you were feeling like really going all out theres tons of good hair places nearby so she could fit it all in in one day¬!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

If you are looking to go down the Spa route, there is two places that are meant to be really nice, Sea Spa at Kelly's Hotel in Wexford, and Monart Spa, also in Wexford afaik. They both have a really good reputation, and you can get away for a night or 2, as well as let her be pampered!
    If you want to get her the hair voucher, Zeba on South William Street in Dublin are meant to be very good.
    Good Luck!

let us all know what you choose in the end....fair play for putting thought into the present!!

Indeed, thanks for the suggestions guys. I went with a decent sized gift voucher for akina in the end, and made it clear that I wanted her to pamper herself, that I didn't think she needed a trip to a beauty salon :D

I would have gone for an all day spa yokie if I hadn't already spent €250 on a camera for her.

fair play!!

other men take note of how to do things properly!!!!!

Advertisement