Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JVC DVL20 and Firewire

• 25-06-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Have an old JVC MiniDV Camcorder. Used to be able to capture to my desktop using a TI Firewire Card. Tried it again yesterday on my laptop (non Texas Instruments). I could control the camcorder (play/pause, etc), but could not see the picture on the laptop screen or capture.
    Does anyone know if its because this camcorder will only work with TI cards?
    I was also thinking of buying a newer, more compact minidv camcorder. Maybe a canon or Sony. Am I going to have the same issue, or will most newer camcorders work with any Firewire card?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

camcorder should work over firewire with no problems, try booting the camera in camera mode (not video playback mode) and open it up in my computer and see can you see the picture as a live feed, thats if your on a pc, use image capture or iMovie if on a mac,

Advertisement