Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitting out the interior

Options
  • 25-06-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi all
    we are finally ready for plastering should be starting in a few weeks or so we are now looking at getting bits and pieces for the inside. so we are looking for good advice from some of the folks on here who have been through this and found some good shopping bargains (as the mortgage is disappearing fast)

A few things we are looking for
    A good sofa supplier
    Anywhere that does lights, even any website links
    Bathroom fitting suppliers
    Wood flooring

all ideas and suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I recommend Diamond Living for Sofas etc...

For bathroom jobs i recommend Bathroom Creations in Blanchardstown, phenomenally professional company, couldnt recommend them enough.

http://www.diamondliving.ie
    http://www.bathroomcreations.ie

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zee_hb

newbuild06 wrote:
    hi all
    we are finally ready for plastering should be starting in a few weeks or so we are now looking at getting bits and pieces for the inside. so we are looking for good advice from some of the folks on here who have been through this and found some good shopping bargains (as the mortgage is disappearing fast)

A few things we are looking for
    A good sofa supplier
    Bathroom fitting suppliers
    Wood flooring

all ideas and suggestions welcome

Heya, I run a blog that features furnishings, lighting, accessories and interiors ideas available in Ireland or online to Ireland. Have an auld gander for inspiration or solutions... http://www.homebug.net :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Been there!! Not sure where you are new build...I know we had this discussion before on this here last year. See below for my suggestions.
    Have to say if you are in Dublin go as far away as you can for value. Don't be afraid to travel for value as most places deliver to Dublin for you anyway.

A good sofa supplier ....after much shopping we found Michael Murhphy's in Newbridge best for leather suites..they have sale on at mo. Pollerton furniture in Carlow were best for cloth type suites.

Depends on what you are looking for. Michael Murphys also do lights but we found we picked up lights here there and everywhere depending on what colours and styles we wanted. Bought some on ebay!

Bathroom fitting suppliers...Bagenalstown Country Tiles in Co Carlow. Best value by far for ensuites...nice ensuite fit outs.

Wood flooring...Mulveys in Ranelagh. Again many sales on a moment too so there was good value advertised in Brooks Thomas recently too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zee_hb

newbuild06 wrote:
    A good sofa supplier
    We went with Sofas & Sofas on Capel St., Dublin as a number of ppl recommended them and they were terrific. Sofas are made to order in Ireland and delivered within 3 weeks. They will tweak designs or custom-make a sofa from a picture, etc. for really reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭newbuild06

thanks for the replies folks

Builderwoman we are currently just waiting on the plasterer to come in so while we have the time we wanted to get around a few places and compare prices. Sounds like carlowe might be worth a visit, we are based in westmeath so we are pretty lucky we can go in all four directions and not be caught by too much travelling. I have read a few of your posts before and you always have a few tips.

zee_hb, thanks for the tip on sofas & sofas when we are in dublin next we might pay them a visit got a few pics of sofas we like and a few ideas in our heads.

Head thanks for the links we will give the bathroom crowd a bell and see what they can do for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement